Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Six Weird Things Tag Thing

Kim tagged me over on her blog.

Here are the rules-
1. Reveal six weird facts/things/habits about yourself and then tag six people
2. Leave a "You're Tagged!" comment to let the people you have tagged know they have to reveal six things (or the entire blogosphere will explode and it will be their fault)
3. Leave a comment HERE to let me know when you have completed your mission

1. I have vomited directly on an international border. If you go to the Niagara OT peep meet, whenever it is, you can visit the spot. My family was driving over the Rainbow Bridge from Canada to the U.S. when I suddenly felt carsick. My dad could not stop on the bridge so he told me to stick my head out the window and puke. I did. I started spewing where the Canadian flag flys mid-bridge and continued until I reached the Star & Stripes.

2. I am strangely fond of raw cauliflower and eat some almost every day. It’s like Pringles to me. I just like cauliflower.

3. My delicate female tissues are extremely pale in color, barely pigmented at all. My gynecologist says this makes me statistically more prone to cancer of the vulva. I like to think of myself as very blonde in all the wrong places.

4. My high school student ID number was 007. I was a freshman when our high school first switched to individual IDs, as opposed to general issue ones, where you just hand wrote your own name on a dotted line. Student numbers were assigned alphabetically. Since my name begins with ‘B’ I was, alphabetically, the seventh student. And thus I was issued my License to Kill, just like James Bond.

5. I once went 37 hours without peeing. In my first trip to India we were traveling without much money—meaning via 3d class train, local buses, sleeping in the train/bus stations between trains, etc. Public toilets, wherever they were available were so horrendous that I refused to even go in the door! In rural areas, people would get off the bus for a “break” and just go in the brush at the side of the road. The Indians kind of respected each other’s privacy but as a strange foreign white woman this courtesy was not extended to me – I would always be followed by teenage or pre-teen boys. So during one trip by bus and train from Madras City to New Delhi I just. didn’t. go. I was on “extreme lock-down” for so long that when I finally did find an acceptibly clean place to pee, it took a while to get started, lol.

6. I once won a contest for having the longest hair in Minnesota. (At least, among the people who listened to that radio station.) Listeners were invited to send in the longest hair they could find. So I shook out my hair and had a friend pull out one or two from the very bottom that seemed to be rooted at the top of my head. I believe my winning entry was 39 & ½ inches! In winning, I beat out 2 horses because the radio station had neglected to specify that the hairs had to be human!

I TAG:
Puffy
Seana
HD
Lights
Nookie

19 comments:

Bravie said...

Vulva cancer? I had no idea. Really?
Good lord help me, now I have to go home and check out some things and make sure that I don't have cancer of the vulva.

My high school id was 842319

Bravie said...

Really? cancer of the vulva? I can't get over this. I swear to you I have never heard of such a thing. I'm intrigued.

And 37 hours without peeing? I can barely go 37 minutes.

kim (weltek) said...

*snort* Maybe I shouldn't laugh at your pale parts, but I giggled at all your 6 things. I will be sure to think of you when I visit Niagara!

kim (weltek) said...

Oh, and your pale parts comment makes me think I'm going to have a very girly blog entry tomorrow. I have several girly questions for you all.

Jen said...

Wow. Was not expecting #3. At.all. LMAO. I lvoe you, Swami, you weirdo. :)

(How the hell are we all supposed to top that?)

Swami said...

*giggles at the thought of all the blog people who are going to get kinks in their necks trying to see down there tonight*

And yes Carey, "Cancer of the what!?!" was my first response too. I was young and powerful back in the day. Once I got over the first 24 hrs it got easier; I think I was recycling because I pretty much stopped drinking after about 16 hrs, yet I didn't get dehydrated.

Otoh, I really need to get a grip on this TMI thing. I think I cross over into TMBS (too much being stupid) territory.

*waits for Jen to top me*

momma said...

Okay. I give up.

Swami is the master. Or mistress. Whatever.

Puffy said...

I'm most intrigued by you being 007 in high school.

Puffy said...

OK, I finished my list and am late getting dinner ready!

HistoryDetective said...

OK, I did my list. I let a couple of your things inspire my things --- except for the private parts. I couldn't think of a way to talk about my private parts without bragging!

Seana said...

Thanks for tagging me! Your answers are great. I'm not even going to try to compete. LOL!

I used to take a lot of pride in my long hair, so I'm really impressed that you beat out 2 horses.

Jen said...

I couldn't top you, Swami. You win. Forever. :D

Zombs said...

Swami this is great!

I have walked that bridge many times in drunken stupors so maybe I have hurled there too. I don't remember.

Do you sun your vulva? Wouldn't that be a reason that you could get cancer there? I don't understand. Unless it is exposed? *head tilt*

Swami said...

Lol, Zombie. I actually thought of tanning down there to get some more color. I may try that this summer.

What were you doing walking on the Rainbow Bridge? I thought you were a Long Gislander?

HD, just tell us which one is you on the giant penisball in your new sig.

Seana said...

OK, all done.

Zombs said...

I went to college in Niagara Falls. Drinking age in Canada=19, lots of drunken college students runninga cross that bridge on cold winter nights getting pelted with ice from the mist.

LOL at giant Penisball. Is that a new super hero?

mm said...

Oh Geez, another thing for Carey to hypochondriac over. *grin*

LMAO Swami! These are too funny!

Aislinn Sirk said...

I think Swami wins.

lights said...

I forgot last night. I was supposed to come here and tell you I've posted my six things. Sorry for being a rule breaker.