Saturday, April 08, 2006

Inspired by MTW - My Fridge. And a Cupboard.



This is my fridge and its contents. I know you are not supposed to store stuff in saucepans but I do it all the time. Sue me. Bottom drawer in fridge is all vitamins. I hope I made the pic large enough that you can read some labels, just for fun. I don't keep pop (diet-rite) in the fridge since I like it over ice.

And that thing in the bottom shelf of the freezer door is a 25 year old piece of cake! Actually, it's the top section of our wedding cake, lol, preserved forever. Possibly fossilized by now.



And this is my spice cupboard, along with some misc. measuring stuff. Some of the smaller spice bottles have what it says inside them, but I have refilled the bottles with bulk spices from our health foods store - much fresher & more wholesome than the usual grocery store brands. But I love the size & shaker tops in the grocery store brands. You can some of the bags in the middle shelf.

What's in your fridge?
Post a pic!

27 comments:

Zombs said...

OMG! You are way too organized!

I am too embarrassed to post my fridge picture!

yvonne said...

I'm with Zombie...no way would I post pics of the fridge or spice cabinet. Unless Swami wants to come over and organize for me. *grin*

Anonymous said...

*Sits with zombs and augie*

And, I'm so glad you are here in blogland, swami!!

BlindSlim~CSTL said...

Wow, nice fridge and cupboard. I again state that I dont think anyone really wants to see my fridge. It's not as bad as it used to be though.

Swami said...

The spices are organized, but the frige looks way better in the photo than IRL. It helps that I threw out the spoiled broccoli first.

I keep all my mess and messes in the basement. I would post a pic of the basement but I'm afraid to go down there without a GPS locator, just in case.

mtw said...

Our wedding cake lasted exactly one year in the freezer, at which time DW scarfed it down - fresh whipped cream frosting and all!

Aislinn Sirk said...

I think I'd be more inclined to post my underwear drawer over the fridge.

Though currently my fridge has bacon wrapped scallops and beer in it, so I'm pretty happy with it.

Swami said...

I would never post a picture of my underwear drawer. There is no way to actually fold panties, right? So I just dump them in. Panties mostly to the left, bras mostly to the right, with a few pairs of socks tied to themselves to seperate the two.

Swami said...

My everlasting admiration goes to the first person to post a pic of their underwear drawer!

Puffy said...

Isn't there a song about "two shakers of salt"?

I love your zig zag refrigerator/freezer. Like MTW, you have a lot of salad dressing, too.

I want to see underwear drawers. And closets, too.

Zombs said...

Puffy <---all about the salad.

momma said...

*sits with Zombs, Augie, Boo and CSTL*

My fridge is pitiful. However, you have all inspired me to clean out both fridges.

Coco said...

Nice fridge. I am too disorganized to post. Maybe next year.

I did, however, recently organize my spice cupboard, and it is just dandy.

Coco said...

Oh: people who fold underwear? Complete maniacs.

Puffy said...

Zombs, I like the Honeymoon Salad. Lettuce alone with no dressing.

Ba da dump.

Bravie said...

No way am I posting a pic of my fridge, now.
If I remember, I'll post a pic of my underwear drawer though. *grin*

Monstah said...

This is GREAT! Fun! I might do this! (the fridge and cupboard pics that is, I will leave the personals to the professionals: Carey and Coco the Jezebel.)

Schnookie said...

I guess DH & I are maniacs because we both fold our underwear. The funny thing is, DH folds the underwear differently than I. And, it frustrates me LOL. Of course, I'd never tell him because I'm so happy to have him folding the laundry.

Nice fridge and spice cubboard. There's barely anything in my fridge so it's always pretty neat.

I was very proud a few weeks ago when our realtor came over and we gave him a tour of the house. He was impressed with my walk-in closet. Even though, to me, it wasn't that tidy, he said it was very organized. I've since given it a good clean up, organizing my clothes by color :-)

Schnookie said...

Oh, and sorry, but I can't post a pic of my underwear drawer because I can't post pics on my blog LOL.

Jen said...

I think a pic of my fridge would be pretty amusing. There is pretty much nothing in it. I haven't been to the grocery in so long. If I think about it tonight, I will post a pic.

Oh, and I used to fold my undies, but I've grown lazy so I don't anymore.

Coco said...

Ha! I always knew Nookie was a maniac!

Lasann said...

I just cleaned out the fridge after the kids left. Everything organized and it was shinning. Dbf has the nerve to put the milk on the soda shelf and pickles in the salad dressing door cubbie. Geesh!

Then there are the spices in a lazy susan which I have the Italian in one area, the steak in another and the misc. etc. Next time I go to look for some oregano it's not in it's place.

But he doesn't touch my clothes and if I had done my laudry and had enough of my underware clean I'd post a picture. I'm a folder, cept some thongs don't have enough of anything to fold.

Yes, compulsive.

kim (weltek) said...

You have the wide by side, too! Do you like it? I love ours.

You have the spice cabinet of my dreams.

mtw said...

Okay, several comments. First, I noticed it looks like you have two bottles of chocolate syrup near the back. His and hers? :-) And why are they near the back? Havne't been used lately?

Also, I'm surprised that everyone doesn't have like 10 bottles of salad dressing. I like variety in my dressings.

Your fridge is VERY organized. Mine starts organized, but my family has no clue how to keep it that way. I ahte it when DW puts a saucepan with leftovers directly in the fridge. It doesn't take that long to move the contents to a tupperware bowl.

Swami said...

Kim, I LOVE my Wide-by-Side! I have no idea why all fridges aren't made this way. It is just such a smart design!

MTW, the bottles in the back are chocolate syrup for the DDBF and strawberry syrup for the DD. They are in the back because they don't get used much. I have no idea how people get by without at least 10 bottles of salad dressing plus assorted bottles of vinegars, sauces, etc.

Who knew people folded panties? Men's underwear, sure - tshirts and briefs (boxer & regular) at least have some substance and look like something when they're folded. Panties? Not so much. And Tom doesn't fold any of his underwear, just tosses it in his drawer.

Lasann, I hate when people mess up my spice cabinet! I don't have it super categorized, but I know where what I use the most is and reach for it before I look. It's supposed to be there, dagnabbit!

~Nutz said...

My fridge would give you a heart attack! Pics are not fit to post.

I have at least 5 bottles of salad dressing.

I fold my underwear.

I had a 4th thing to say, but I forgot what it was. *snort*

Jen said...

A pic of my pathetic fridge is posted. *snort*
(My blog is linked on Carey's and Glow's)