Long live the egg salad. *sigh* I have about 2 more days left of eating egg salad on Brownberry 12-grain bread for lunch. Then I'm good until next year.
Do you eat leftovers?
What's your favorite leftover?
Your least favorite?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
*pout* I want egg salad. Having no kids & no relatives at OUR house, I had no leftover egg issues. My sister DID make some fantastic deviled eggs, though.
I made a dozen deviled eggs (which = 24) but they were gone almost instantly. Then I made egg salad (with more celery than eggs) to be eaten with bread as less egg-dense, more healthy alternative to straight-up deviled eggs. Eight eggs made a huge big bowl full of egg salad!
I love left overs, in no particular order:
Pizza, Chinese food, pasta/Italian.
I also love leftover steak that was done rare. I microwave it and then serve on garlic toast with a gravy or au jus.
Meatloaf is good too!
Least favorite? I don't do any fish or seafood leftover.
I eat lots of leftovers. Roomie almost never eats leftovers even though he always cooks huge portions. Since I don't want t waste food at all, that means I end up eating leftovers for four or five consecutive meals. Roomie also has a tendency to throw away leftovers without asking if I want any more.
Now that I'm over pouting about lack of egg salad, I'll talk about leftovers.
I eat leftovers for lunch just about every day of the week. However, I don't love them. I do, however, enjoy leftover Meatloaf. It firms up nicer overnight. Leftover tacos are also good, but you still have to ressurect toppings.
I like cold leftover meatloaf too. We make ours with ground chicken instead of ground beef.
Turkey makes the best leftovers:
turkey a la king
grilled turkey sammiches
openfaced hot turkey sammich
Ham is good too:
Hawaiian ham with pineapple/orange sauce
linguine with ham and veggies and cream sauce
Last, but most certainly not least:
leftover mashed potatoes, fried in butter with onions. Mmmm...that's the stuff.
I do not like left overs, except for when my mom uses left over mashed potatoes to make potato pancakes.
I do not like green eggs and ham Swami I am .
My favorite leftover is chili! It always seems to be better the next day. I think it's because all of the spices and stuff get to marinate into the meat and beans.
YUM!
Post a Comment