Okay, here we go. Several of you asked about Janet. (That is not her real name, by the way.)
I first meet Janet a few weeks after she starts working for a Department Head in my medical school. Word of a real beauty on the floor spreads like wildfire among all the men. I remember making a point of walking by Dr. Brown’s office and glancing in at her, just to see. Yup. She is gorgeous.
Actually, we meet & became friends in the bathroom. She and I happen to enter at the same time and go into neighboring stalls. You know how you can always hear what is going on in the next stall? Well, we both really have to pee, and we both start and stop at the exact same microsecond. It is pretty funny. So we make eye-contact while washing up. She says “Tab?” and I answer “Diet Pepsi!” So we have a little laugh about our twin bladders and how volume in and equal volume out are related.
Turns out I had been given bad information. Janet is not a secretary but a Statistician. She has a double major in Computer Science and Statistics. (In the late 70s and early 80s, the women’s equality movement was really just getting going. All the male scientists saw that she worked at a keyboard with papers in an office, and categorized her as a “mere” secretary.) Janet? Has the body of a model, the sharp mind of a geek, and a lovely personality. Really, she has everything—the famous Total Package.
Anyway, Janet and I now have a speaking relationship and we just hit it off at once. She is smart & funny and not at all hung up on herself. She has trouble making friends at work because all the guys just wanted to date her (translation: eff her) and most of the women, for whatever reason, back away. Or they try to set her up with their friend/brother/boss/whatever.
So we do lunch almost every day and quickly find we can talk about anything. Mostly we talk about men and sex, lol. What could be a more fascinating topic?
Janet has a definite preference in men. Her preferred partner is The Big Black Athlete. I remember being troubled when she just flat-out states that she only sleeps with black athletes. I think it maybe some kind of bad racism thing, but my radar doesn’t go off. Some people like blondes, some people like big boobs or long hair & beards—whatever. It seems a preference based on a look, is all. You may disagree with me, but I finally decide she is not being “a Racist,” she just has a type. It is a racial choice, but not a bad thing. (She dates big white guys once in a while too, just prefers black guys.)
Anyway, she invites me to go to some clubs with her. She also warns me that most men would ask her to dance before they asked me, and hopes I wouldn’t get mad at her. Until she says that I hadn’t thought about it—of course that would happen! But like I said earlier, for some reason that does not bother me.
So we dress up and go out. Rarely, rarely do I get asked to dance first and when I am it often turns out to be a calculated ploy to get Janet to dance with them next, lol. But I just have such fun with Janet it doesn’t matter.
And everything I know about sex with Big Time athletes I learn from Janet!
On the back of the laundry room door in her townhouse, Janet has a poster of the Minnesota Vikings. When she nails one, she puts an X through his numbers. I laugh so hard when I first see the poster! And how many X’s there are! There are other posters, rolled up on a top shelf. Other teams, other years.
I ask her “Don’t guys get mad if they see that poster?”
She says “No, they just think it’s interesting. Some like to check out who else has been here. Sometimes they like to put the X through their number themselves.” We giggle over that. Men are such idiots, and especially athletes!
Janet has purple silk sheets for her bed, and a variety of Vikings related decorations. When a Viking comes over he knows he is doing a fan.
I ask “Aren’t you scared? They’re so huge, and you hear bad things sometimes!”
Her advice is “Never go to their hotel room! Especially if they are on a floor with the rest of the team which they usually are. That’s a hard scene. Bring them back to your place. Offer them a homemade cookie and introduce them to your cat. Let them see the picture of your mother hanging on the wall. Then you have a chance to be a person. The guys like being in a home; they treat you nicely in a home.” This makes good sense to me.”
She continues, “Things can go bad fast in a hotel room. Never stay in the same hotel as the team (when you’re out of your own town.) Bring them to your hotel.”
I ask, “So, do you have to do, like, anything they want?” As if the answer could be anything other than “yes!” If you have hang-ups, don’t do athletes. She doesn’t like it much when anal sex is on the menu, but otherwise, well, she just loves everything. The bigger the guy and the harder he bangs, the better!
(This is a compression of various conversations. I do not find this all out in one Big Reveal. As we become better friends our boundaries recede and we finally become just about totally open to each other.)
Actually, I rarely see Big Time athletes when we are clubbing. Which is fine with me because that whole scene kind of scares me a little. And Janet does say that during football season, players usually show up on Sunday or during the week. And she goes hunting alone at those times.
So Janet and I have fun on our Friday Club nights. Maybe once or twice a month a man meeting her requirements shows up. Almost always she can reel him in, and we leave with this guy following us in his car. Janet usually drives, thus I would be dropped at my place and she continues on to her townhouse. Which leads to a funny story:
One night shortly after Janet drops me off at about 1 a.m., I get a telephone call. It is an old guy who lives across the street from me. He is frantic. “Are you okay!?!”
I am baffled. “Uh. Yeah.”
He says, “Because you know a huge black guy in a gold Lincoln followed you home! He just watched you walk inside and then took off after your friend! You need to warn her!!! Should I call the cops?”
The guy is so excited. I tell him that it’s okay—the guy is a friend we happened to bump into. He sounds a bit disappointed & hangs up.
The next Friday at about the same time, Janet has another guy follow her home. The same neighbor calls, only this time not so frantic and rather prying.
Him: “Are you okay?”
Me: “Yeah.”
Him: “Because a big black guy is following your friend again.” He pauses significantly. “This one is in a white Porsche.”
I say I know.
He humpfs and hangs up.
Fun times in the neighborhood.
Anyway, when I start dating Tom, Friday club night goes away. I am usually going out with Tom on Fridays. Janet and I are still great friends. We see each other every day and talk on the phone often. She has Tom and me over to her place, etc. Tom of course is fascinated with Janet, especially after I clue him in on Janet’s sexual odysseys.
But as time goes by, I worry about Janet. She starts going alone to bars way too often. Several times during the week as week as well as Friday and Sunday nights. She knows this is too much, and tells me “I don’t know what’s wrong with me. I’m bringing home too many men.” She seems kind of down. “I just can’t stop myself!”
Some weekends she goes to Chicago (because they have a basketball team and in the early 80s Minnesota does not) and I know she is doing athletes in hotel rooms. She just can’t stop. So I worry. Is she safe? Will she be happy in life? I always used to think that she would wind up as some athlete’s Trophy Wife—but maybe by now she has done too many athletes for that to happen? So I worry.
Then, about 3 months after Tom and I are married, Janet finally meets Her Man.
By this time Janet is working across town for a large corporation. She meets him in the parking lot and they chat as they walk into work. He is a young executive in her company, and 6’9” lol!
She learns his name as he walks her in. Then, being a total computer literate she promptly hacks into the personnel department’s database and checks up on him. Yes! He is single! Halleluiah!
About 10 months later, Janet finally gets to stand under a canopy and marries one of the best looking men ever. I am so happy for her!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
OMG...wow...that was a very interesting story. I would expect that she probably had lots of chatter going on around her about her open sexuality wheras a guy who did the same would be getting many claps on the back. Glad she finally met her man.
Sounds like a fun friend, good times wild times. Are you still close? Did she have children?
Wow, one thing is for sure, she won't look back on her life and feel as though she didn't live it! Is there more to this story?
Wow. Now that is an interesting story in itself.
OK! I finally have time to read the rest of your entries, so here I am!
*snort* @ the neighbor thinking you were being followed! ...first by the guy in the gold Lincoln & then the white Porsche.
Good for Janet for finally landing her man!
Post a Comment