All week long I have been thinking I was getting sick or something. My morning coffee, which I need to light up my life has tasted flat every time. I inspected the coffee. I rinsed the cup before use in case my dishwasher was not rinsing properly. Still flat.
Today? I noticed that the half and half I am using is labelled 'no fat'. Yecch! Land O Lakes recently redesigned all their dairy labels and I bought the wrong kind of creamer by accident because I did not study the fine print on the label sufficiently. Blecch!
Also, my favorite grocery store has spent the past month and a half rearranging all their stuff onto new shelves, in new places--just randomly reorganizing. This is the same thing as hiding stuff! I refused to go shopping for a while because I did not want to have to relearn where everything is. Then I got tired of eating weird shit from the pantry and the pantry started getting more and more picked over, so I went shopping. Had to walk up and down every. single. aisle. and scan it from top to bottom. What a freakin waste of time! And I wound up with the wrong creamer. Plus I couldn't find my favorite Satay sauce! Bastiges.
I hate grocery shopping. I may try an on-line shop & deliver service in protest. Anyone ever try those?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Omigawd! I hate grocery shopping too! It is my most dreaded chore. Maybe that's why I pick through the pantry like you and don't do it but every 3 or 4 weeks.
Yup! I'll put it off as long as I can and just fill in with milk, bread and such from the convenience store in between. ...or sometimes, I'll grab a few food items from Target.
Hmmmm... maybe I should look into that home delivery stuff too!
I like the challenge of grocery shopping and saving 40-60% on my bill with coupons and sales. But I do get angry when the market rearranges items and aisles for no apparent reason.
Once we had fresh, local, organic veggies delivered every two weeks. I loved it. It was even cheap.
There is an internet delivery place in Boston, but you have to be home and you are expected to tip the driver and that seems like too much organisation/work for me.
Never tried a delivery service before.
I had a hard time switching grocery stores when we moved. Same chain, and this new one was much cleaner and had more stuff. But like you I didn't want to have to learn where everything was. Now I know. I'm sure they will be switching soon.
But I do love to grocery shop. It's my break, my vacation. And our grocery store is so clean and so friendly.
I've tried that fat free cream before - I do believe for the very same reason.
You're right. Bleck!!!
I adore grocery shopping.
Post a Comment