Wednesday, March 29, 2006

New 12-Step Program

With only three steps. I just printed a card for Tom to carry in his wallet:

1. I don't want it.
2. I don't need it.
3. I will not bring it home, forcing my wife to find a place for it and dooming forever her on-going efforts to have an easy to care for and clean house.

This is not too much to ask, correct? My husband keeps bringing me junk we don't need! So far this week he has brought home

-- a golf-bag shaped backback, about 10" x 30". "We can always use an extra backpack." NO! We already have at least 8 backpacks available, tyvm.

--2 wooden spools which formerly held electricians wire. One is about 10" across and the other about 12". "We can put Christmas lights on them!" No. I have already handled the Christmas lights just fine.

--A longish acrylic tube with red caps. "Maybe we can mail something." What?

--Yet another ceramic coffee mug from work. I could have constructed a 50 ft. retaining wall with all the free mugs he has brought home!

And on and on. I am embarrassed to admit that we once had 4 clothes washing machines in our basement because people were giving them away--and "they still worked!" Who cares! I don't need more stuff! Especially other people's random stuff! We have umptibazillion books to house. I have my little collections--Asian statuary, turtles, cups & saucers (it's a Canadian thing) and my Breyer horses. He has his lighthouses and piggy banks. These collections occupy all available collection space in our house. We're full up thank you very much. Do. Not. Bring. Anything. Else. Home.

Maybe this will work.
I sure hope so!

8 comments:

Lasann said...

My guy has boxes (I think 4) of used, dirty, out of date cables, wires and such. Why?

He is also forcing me to save every plastic liner to my paint tray. I use a new one with each new color. I think we have 8. Why?

I'm with you on this.

~Nutz said...

*sits with Swami & Lasann*

Oh the junk we have! Drives me crazy. Most of it is car stuff that will never get used. *rolls eyes*

Seana said...

Pens! We have boxes and boxes of them. "I need a new pen for work" he says to me every time we pass a display of pens in a mall or store.

I didn't know collecting teacups was a Canadian thing. I'm proud of my small, but sentimentally significant collection.

I'm sure Mr. Swami will get the idea soon. Sure he will.

mm said...

Oh Gosh! He sounds just like my mother! I'll have to copy that card and give it to her. My dad will thank you.

Bravie said...

One can never have enough backpacks. *grin*

Monstah said...

Right now we are currently working on not leaving used dental floss in the pretty glass blue bowl that sits on the end table in the TV room.

Now I have the chocking hazzard card to play so maybe (MAYBE) now he will stop.

Oh and sign Mr Monstah up for the new 12 step- 3 step program please.

Puffy said...

You can mail me something in the long acrylic tube...how about a Moody Blues poster?

Schnookie said...

LOL at the acrylic tube just in case you might want to mail something.

Actually, I'm the same. I keep collecting boxes just in case I need to mail something out. I'm a pack rat. *hangs head*