I also want to welcome one new person to this blog. Yes, Mr. Swami has followed a trail of breadcrumbs and is now reading his story along with you! I think he planned to let me finish telling the story before he let on, but last night out of the blue he remarked on the Red Dress. So I figured that out right away, lol. I will punish him with my next photo—oh yes I will!
Part III. Dating Games, Mating Games.
I left off last time when Tom figured out I was not wearing panties and we made love for the first time. Oh, it was so wonderful! I thought we had connected on every level—social, spiritual and physical! He said he would call of course, and I was really looking forward to getting to know him.
On Monday morning I meet up with Janet right away so we can discuss the date. Janet is my designated expert on men and we do a play-by-play rehash of the date. I ask Janet, “So, when do you think he will call?” I know she will think just about what I think—but it is always nice to have your friend confirm things.
Janet thinks that today (Monday) would be too soon. He wouldn’t want to look desperate. Tuesday or Wednesday seem like the best days to expect a call. I agree.
And so it begins.
Tuesday, he doesn’t call. I am a little bummed because I was hoping he would be so eager to see me again that he couldn’t wait. Janet and I are not worried yet.
Wednesday, he doesn’t call. I am very disappointed. Gol-darn! That was the day to do it!
Thursday, he doesn’t call. I am starting to get a bad feeling. Janet tries to reassure me by saying, well, sometimes men are idiots. They don’t want to look needy so their timing is bad. But we both know that the chances of him ever calling back are dropping fast. She asks if I want to go clubbing with her on Friday but I say no. After all, he could still call—right? Janet says “Right. Well, maybe he’ll call next week sometime.” I agree. Janet looks at me compassionately because we both know that I have probably been used and dumped.
Friday, he doesn’t call.
Saturday (my last hope) he doesn’t call.
I am so freaking mad! How DARE he use me like that! How DARE he!?! I thought he liked me. I sure liked him! I think there is no worse feeling on this planet than thinking you have connected with someone then finding out you were just a one-night stand, another notch on the old gun, fucked and dumped. So I am so mad and sad and depressed. You would never know this to look at me because I rarely act dramatically when things don’t go my way. I just carry on.
By Sunday, I am resigned. Maybe he will call again some day, maybe not. But whenever or if ever—our first sex date just wasn’t what I thought it would be.
Sunday night, about 9:30 p.m., Tom calls. I pick up the phone.
Me: “Hello?”
Him: “Hi, it’s Tom.”
Me: “Oh. Hi,”
Him: “I was just thinking about you and I wondered if you wanted some company tonight?” This was said in his best charming and sexy voice. And I? Go ballistic!!!!!
“What are you talking about! All week long you don’t call and now you want to come over for sex!?!?! Who the hell do you think you are! What kind of a person do you think I am!” And on and on I ranted at him. I can’t really remember exactly what I said or how much I swore at him, but I was so obviously furious!
Him: “Oh. Sorry.”
Me: “You should be! Don’t you ever do that again!”
Him: “Okay. So, can I come over?”
Me: “Yes. But don’t ever do that again!!!”
I think he gets to my house a little after 10 p.m., and we go straight upstairs, lol. And yes, all the bells ring and all the fireworks go off. Tom is perfect for me—just perfect. Tom is a former national champion collegiate athlete and in those days he is still lifting weights and stuff. He has a body Michelangelo might have sculpted, and the kindest eyes in the world. He is also so warm and caring! I think that is the night I fell in love with him. I sure never looked at or slept with another man from that moment to this!
So we settle into a routine of dating. He meets my friends; I meet his friends, etc.
On Friday nights we often go out for drinks and dinner with the folks from his CPA firm. I can’t remember the name of the restaurant in Minneapolis we usually go to, but it is one of those upscale places with lots of ferns and hot waitresses. The CPAs are not at all what I expect. I’m thinking accountants are dull but these guys are wild yahoos! I am used to hanging out with lab people and doctors, so CPAs are a breath of fresh air to me!
Like, when it comes time to settle up the bill. Lab people and Docs are mostly good tippers and just throw in money. At least half of the CPAs calculate the division of the bill down to an exact decimal. They seem to be generally chintzy tippers, and one guy (who is a nephew or something of the Senior Partner) always tries to get out of paying. I mean always! But they are a fun group.
On week-ends we do a lot of physical things—biking, canoeing, like that. Tom meets my Sierra Club friends. We go canoe-camping a few times. We both like live theater. Tom gets on fine with my daughter and she seems to really like him.
Eventually, we meet each other’s families. I give him a key to my house and he moves in about one year after our first date. We are a couple.
Here is a picture of Tom and me taken during our second summer together. I think my brother took it. Isn’t Tom gorgeous?

Next time, I’ll talk about Janet.

10 comments:
Oh wow. That's a flashback and a half to the early 80s. He is a cutie, even in those shorty shorts :)
Are you or Tom wearing undies in that picture?
Tom would be in his tightie whities. I am no doubt wearing panties too. I just wish now that I had a bra on. I rarely wore one until I got pregnant in 1983 and looking at the pic I think I could have used some uplift!
And I love those shorts! I wish men would start wearing body-fitting shorts again instead of baggy gangsta shorts. They are so much more attractive. And revealing!
*whacks* Mr. Swami for not calling. I guess he made up for it though, huh? *grin*
I'm loving the pics! Keep 'em coming!
*waves to Mr. Swami*
OMG @ the Sunday phone call and after your rant he says, "So can I come over?" Ha! Gotta love it!
I think all of us math type nerds like to calculate specific tips and stuff. *grin*
Oh! ...and you two are so cute!
I just want tos ay that I have really enjoyed getting to know you better. I probably knew the least about you of all bloggers and you are just such a delight. You make me laugh all of the time.
*smooch*
Wow Swami! Now I want to sleep with Tom too! *grin*
Thanks for the story this far, I'm loving it!
Sorry I took so long to get here. It's been a bad week computerwise for me.
*winks @ Tom* How YOU doin'?
I can't believe he made you wait that long! Those wild and bean counters!
Carey, we've only scratched the surface of the wonderfulness of Swami. We really have to talk her into making this a permanent blog and telling us more stories.
took me awhile to find you but I found you. sweet story..did he ever explain what happened in the week between the first scrump and the second.
Post a Comment