Friday, September 19, 2008

Friday, List of Five things.

1. My political leanings. Hint: look left. No - more left! More, more... feel the burn? There I am!!! *waves*

2. I am becoming a coffee addict. I used to drink just two cups every morning (one to open my eyes and one to start my heart) but now I just keep drinking it until about 2 pm, which is my personal cut-off time if I want to fall asleep that night. And yes, coffee is a diuretic.

3. Sarah Palin is George Bush in lipstick. Really, she would govern just like he does, of which governing I have had enough.

4. I love my new bedsheets! They are a green (my favorite color) cotton that is so well polished they look like raw silk. And feel like silk! They even get covered in fine wrinkles like raw silk.

5. I also love my food processor salads. These days my garden salads are about 40% (by volume) thinly sliced green & red peppers, celery, carrots, red onions, garlic, cukes, etc - all sliced to perfection in about 40 seconds. Toss with romaine and tomatoes and voila - salad! I can't believe I didn't buy a food processor for years because I "like" cutting things with a knife. What a dummy I was! If you don't have a food processor by now, go buy one today! I love it for stir-fry making too.

I just thought of five more things. Maybe I'll save them for next friday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. Burn? What? I thought Hell was down, not left. :)

2. Very interesting you should post this today. We switched coffee at the office because when I went to the store, they were out of the regular Foldgers (which is what has always been the office coffee), so I had to buy a special blend. And special it is. I have had to go to the bathroom a lot more than before. And I don't like pooping at work.

3. Conner asked me today why we didn't have a number 3 in our mailbox number. 3 is his favorite number.

Yes, I am obviously avoiding in political talk these days.

4. I suspect you will break them in in no time. Yay for new sheets.

5. I "like" cutting things with a knife too. I have a little chopper, but I rarely use it.

*smooch* I like the new format of this blog.

Swami said...

Lol - Hell is where you find it, Boo.

kim (weltek) said...

I love you, Swami! LOL!

I haven't used my food processor much. It was great to have it for basil season this year, though! I just made big salads for dinner last night. You are right, why didn't I use it! Der.

I'm sheet shopping this winter. It's time for an investment.

frodis said...

1. If you go too far left you end up turning all the way around and then you're facing right.

2. Coffee is on my list of enemies right now. Can't stand the smell of it. Normally I like it.

3. I find Sarah Palin very odd.

4. I have el-cheapo sheets but I like them well enough.

5. My peanut butter and I envy your salad. I have a food processor but I never use it (except to make breadcrumbs and pesto) because I, too, like chopping with a knife. I also don't really know how to use it. I made Mr. Fro a taco salad last night with lettuce, salsa, sour cream, red beans, cheese, and thinly sliced steak.

Bravie said...

Palin scares the bejeezus out of me. Seriously.