Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Farewell, My Diet Soda

I read (yet) another article damning diet soda in my paper this morning so I think I need to give it up. But. I love diet soda!!! *sob* I have drunk little else for decades. Diet soda probably accounts for more than 90% of all the fluids I drink. Maybe 95%.

So what the heck can I drink? I don't like regular soda - it's like drinking pancake syrup to me. Milk is so, well, milky. I can drink ice water (not tepid or merely cold water) and of course coffee and tea. Ice water is just such an uninteresting beverage.

I refuse to buy bottled water regularly because (a) too much of it is fairly bogus in it's purity and (b) my private well goes directly into the Prairie du Chiens aquifer so I get unprocessed 10,000 year old water right from my home tap. (Most home wells are not so deep as mine is.)

What do you drink?

5 comments:

Schnookie said...

I do like sodas but try to avoid them.

I try to drink water. I like it but I just never think about it.

I'm not big on liquids I guess. Once in a while I'll have a glass of orange juice and I like pink lemonade in the summer time.

Start drinking cosmos *grin*

mtw said...

I like Diet Dr. Pepper. I suggest you keep on drinking it unless the article you read was republished from the New England Journal of Medicine, citing a double-blind study of the effects with appropriate control groups. These types of articles come out all the time scaring us about various things and they are almost always later refuted.

lights said...

My favourite is Diet Coke with Lime but I try to stay away from caffiene now so I only drink Caffiene free Diet Coke.

I drink a lot of water these days. My eye specialist wants me to drink 10 large glasses of water a day because of my thyroid issues.

Can't give up the Diet Coke without giving up the Southern Comfort. *wink*

We have awesome well water too! Many of our friends come and fill up their dispenser containers. Wish a bunch of them would come and fill up now. We have too much water in our well and it's freezing at the top. For some reason the run off line isn't working so the water is coming up to the top and freezing. The joys of Northern Ontario winters. *sigh* -36C again last night.

Puffy said...

I primarily drink water. In descending order after that, it's milk, juice, lemonade, and iced tea.

Anonymous said...

I drink Water and Propel and Iced Tea.

*thinks Swami needs a big ol glass of Southern iced tea*