Yesterday I was supposed to take my daughter and her BF to see Beowulf 3D. She was going to go from her class straight to the BF's house, where I would pick them both up and then go to the movie.
I arrived at the agreed on time. Her car was not there but the BF's mom's was. I rang the bell, I knocked - no answer. Since the shades were all drawn and the mom works shift hours I did not stand there and bang away at the door. I tried calling DD; her cell was off. I tried calling BF; evidently he has a different cell number now. So I waited for 25 minutes (until it was too late to have made the movie) then left.
Stupid kids. Do they not know Santa was ticked off?
DD swears she arrived within seconds of my leaving. Evidently BF was home but didn't answer for unknown reasons. I figure he was probably deeply in on of his computer games.
In an unrelated event, my Christmas tree is still sitting on the front steps. It almost made it inside this morning, but Tom got all frustrated by the new stand and just left for work instead. I am SO getting an artificial tree next year. I love real trees but I am so tired of all the delays and drama involved in getting the big real tree into the house. An artificial tree I can handle by myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Ooooh! No movie for them now.
I want a real tree something awful. My darling fireman husband won't allow it. *pout* So, I've resigned myself to a fake tree that looks fake. One of these days, I'm stealing my MILs tree. It's much prettier and fuller than mine.
I bet you wished you had stamped yourself now, aren't you?
I am very happy to have a fake one. The whole not having to put lights on it is worth it.
Go to Lowes after Christmas. I think they even had some nice 9 foot ones.
Bu who better to have a real tree than a fireman? Tree will be handled correctly and he already knows what to do in case of fire, lol.
Boo - that's what I plan to do. Either Lowe's or Menards.
Heh - I still have the stamp...
I want to get a new fake tree this year. Pre-lit. We planned to get one last year but then. . . didn't.
The fake tree I have now is looking kind of ragged. We call it Charlie Brown's tree because some of its branches have fallen off. It's 9 years old this year. Mr. Fro bought it for me in 1998 before we were married. I went to Australia with a friend of mine and while I was gone he bought the tree and ornaments and decorated my condo. When I got back (on Dec. 16th) my condo was all festive.
Oh pfft on DD and BF. They forfeit one present.
I also got a fake pre-lit tree last year. Now David Suzuki is telling me I should get a real one if I am a friend to the environment. When they grow Christmas trees with lights on them, I will buy one.
Post a Comment