Saturday, December 22, 2007

Random Pre-Holiday Thoughts

1. I love my tree this year! I say that every year - and every year I mean it.

2. We decided on fewer gifts this year so I have had more time to focus on the wrapping. I just love to make every package look beautiful and different. I pretty much stayed with the traditional red & green this year but with lots of sparklies on the packages. I like sparklies!

3. This year for the first time I managed to find my little sliding paper cutter on the same day I wanted to wrap most of the gifts. It works really slick! Especially when you need to cut a smooth line in a looong sheet of paper.

4. We will have a white Christmas. Again. I actually got to see a snow front move in today! When I got up it was snowing heavily on the north side of our house, while the south side was clear as a bell. The front kind of "froze" like that for about 5 minutes before it started to snow all around.

5. I am going to make my giant Santa head bread art thing this year. I'll try to remember to take a photo of it. I think it is brilliant.

6. Tom only has two days off - :( - The 24th and the 25th.)

7. I want to be in Hawaii. My DD and her family are there with my older sister, helping her get her house ready for sale. It's warm in Hawaii.


MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE!

3 comments:

Puffy said...

Merry Christmas! We went to the mall tonight; a local store similar to Kohls is Mervyns. They're open until 2 am and reopen at 5 am all weekend.

Anyway, a kiosk was selling snow (only in Southern California). It's a powder that you add water to. Only a teaspoon in some water and the "snow" puffs up really big and looks and feels like snow. It's cold, too. After a week or two, it recedes and isn't as puffy. All you have to do is spray it with water (if it's on a stuffed animal or a tree or some object) and it puffs up again.

Now I don't need to go to Minnersota anymore! *grin*

For "ribbon" on packages, I've been cutting strips of the wrapping paper, curling them with the scissors and sticking them on the package to make a pretty matching bow. Very nice.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Swami!

I love those paper cutters. I lost mine (see the OT thread about the same) one year and keep forgetting to buy another.

At least I still have my scissors, which I think are from the 70s.

No white Christmas again this year. I doubt we'll see any white.

Seana said...

Merry Christmas!

I want to see a pic of giant Santa head bread art. I can't imagine what that looks like.