Saturday, December 01, 2007

Oh the weather outside is frightful,

But the fire is so delightful,
And since we've no place to go,
Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

Because it is already coming down fast. All the "wait until December" people must be so happy - it is snowing on their first big shopping day!

Okay you December people. Tell me what's the FIRST thing you bought this year, once Holiday shopping was allowed.

I can't find my favorite, 6 ft tall outdoor rope-light Christmas tree. I found two 5 ft non-rope spiral trees that I meant to give away this summer but didn't. I found my 3 ft light-up buck where half the lights don't work but someday I'm going to spray paint it dark brown and wrap it with vines so it becomes a grapevine sculpture instead - but not my favorite rope-light tree. I found 2 little 'entry' fake trees with wired-in lights that I bought one year and decided looked cheap. But my fabulous rope-light tree? Missing. *sob* They don't make them that nice anymore.

My first gift for myself arrived in the post today. A gorgeous long-sleeved teeshirt from southwestindian.com. I absolutely love it! I ordered the cutest little shirt for grandson at the same time, brown with a huge green gecko all down the front - but it is backordered for 4 weeks. :(

DD's boyfriend is getting his first paycheck today. I hope he buys some decent clothes because he really needs them.

6 comments:

momma said...

You can give me the 2 five foot trees. As for the 6 foot tree? Did you check the garage? Basement? Shed out back? Trash can? Attic?

I'm not a December person...I'm a "if I see it and think someone will like it or they want it, I buy it" regardless of what time of year it is.

arkie said...

I ordered some books online for my mom. But the first thing I bought in the stores was the cutest pair of shoes for my niece.

lights said...

*grumbles about the snow* Don't mind it today because I had no place to go but tomorrow I have to be on the road at 6am.

I put the tree up yesterday and I'm completely done my shopping. I don't usually start until Dec 1st. This year my goal was to be finished by Dec 1st. Now I get to relax and enjoy the month of December!

kim (weltek) said...

After I arrived home Saturday around noon (after the storm already started), I kicked back to enjoy the snow and fireplace.

I put up Christmas decor yesterday. It's really just the mantle, entertainment center and a few other candles that get put out, so not too exciting, but the mantle is cute. I need to take pics.

The first gift I bought was some silly lime salt and pickle salt for my SIL while I was in Texas. She's a salt-in-her-beer girl and loves pickles, so I thought the little gifts were fun. I also bought her a margarita chocolate bar.

Puffy said...

December shopping? Hmmm, I went to the market and bought fruits and veggies, to make me healthy.

We rented "Knocked Up." It was not rated because it includes extra vulgarity not shown on the R rated movie when it was in the theaters. Wow!

Swami said...

Momma, come and get 'em!

Arkie, I am going to buy some light-up heel skates for my grandson. Daughter said I could.

*hopes Lights is off the road by now*

Kim, may I please have a margarita chocolate bar? I didn't know I needed one until just now.

Puffy, I got my first Xmas card in the mail today - from my Jewsish niece and nephew in SoCal. I guess they want to get it over with quick or something...