Thursday, October 04, 2007

Thursday Thoughts

1. Hung won Top Chef. Yay!

2. My oldest daughter is coming for a quick, almost drive-by visit from Sun - Tues. She is bringing the World's Most Perfect Grandson and their new little dog, a tea-cup poodle puppy who weighs about 2 lbs. I am worried that my alpha female cat will consider the puppy "prey" and hurt him. I sure hope not! Cats don't kill itty-bitty puppies, do they? (Daughter is in Milwaukee on business.)

3. The Knee is feeling much better. I forgot my cane a couple of times today, so that's a good sign.

4. I had my stitches and staples taken out yesterday. There were seven sutures and 37 staples in my 9 inch incision. I still worry as I flex the knee past 90 degrees that the incision will split open like a ripe peach. I know it won't, but what if!?!

5. We are having an absolutely lovely fall but I can't go sit on our screen porch because the 2 steps leading down to it are hugely steep. Steps are still a pain.

6. About a week after my surgery I got all constipated. I don't remember being really constipated before so I now have an appreciation for the poor folks who have this problem regularly. I mean irregularly. Whatever.

7. Yesterday I walked around in a grocery store with Tom for a little while. We bought a few needed things and also a couple of boxed lunches which we ate while sitting at the edge of White Bear Lake and watching the sailboats. (I got a chicken salad croissantwich.)

8. I am going to keep going until I hit no. 10 because that makes Boo happy. Or is it Nutz?

9. Speaking of Boo, the way I eat pot pies is to turn them out upside down onto a small plate, use the side of my fork to cut the pie into 8 even wedges and then mush & stir the wedges together. Looks awful, tastes great!

10. Tom has to work late tonight so another thing I bought yesterday from the deli was a serving of Chicken Tikka Masala with basmati rice, channa dahl and spinach with fresh Indian cheesecurds. Very yummy!

20 comments:

kim (weltek) said...

I feel so bad you can't fully be out enjoying this awesome weather. Glad you did get to sit out by the lake (White Bear Lake is lovely!) and eat your sammich, though.

Chicken Tikka Masala is soooo yummy. Share? *holds out plate*

lights said...

I eat my chicken pies the same way! *grin*

Wonder if Indian cheese curds would make good poutine? Hmmmm.

Glad your knee is feeling better!

Breezy said...

That's how I eat pot pies too. *grin*

MM said...

I'm so glad the knee is feeling better. I remember feeling afraid the incision would open after I had my kids. I did sit-ups exactly one week after the c-section though and they stayed shut, so I think you're safe. And yeah, I was an idiot for doing that and couldn't get out of bed the next day, heh!

Bravie said...

I leave my pie in the bowl thingy and just mush it all together in a nilly willy fashion.

Anonymous said...

Extra smooches for you today. I love Boo love. I really, really do.

1. I have a neighbor named Han. But the first time I met him it sounded like he said, "Hi, I'm Hung." So we just call him Hung.

2. I am glad you are getting a visit. I hope the kitty does not feast on the puppy.

3. Yay!!!

4. Ouch. I would worry too.

5. Today is a nice fall day here. It is warm (plus for me), but it is gray. I think gray atmosphere makes the leaves look prettier.

6. No cheese for you.

7. My local grocery has good boxed lunches. And they make a killer chicken salad. There is really no need for me to even try to compete with them.

8. Me. Yes. *smooch again*

9. I suppose I could eat them this way if I had to, but I prefer not to mush 'em. But I do turn it over upside down like that. And, I bought some this week after reading your post. They were on sale: 3 for $1.

10. You'd better look out for HD on that one. Every time I see this, I think Chicken Marsala, which I know is completely different.

Debcapsfan said...

I'm so glad some one else was happy when Hung won. I liked him, and I thought he was the best chef.

Puffy said...

Banquet pot pies were recalled due to salmonella poisoning.

MM said...

Hey where are you? Did I miss something?

momma said...

Swami!!!!!

Where are you? I hope all is well, the visit with the beautiful grandson went well and you will be back to us soon!

lights said...

*knockknockknock* Helloooooooo?

I talk to you on the phone for the first time and you stop posting? What's up with that? *worries*

Bravie said...

Where you be?

Schnookie said...

I miss you Swami and hope you are doing much better these days.

Seana said...

I missed your whole knee issue! Please retroactively award yourself some good wishes for the surgery and thoughts for a speedy recovery from me.

I like to eat all the insides out of a pot pie first and then eat the crust. It works better with ones that have a crust on the bottome, and not so well with ones that just have a crust on top.

Bravie said...

Uh, I think somebody has infultrated your account and posted on my blog. *confused look*

momma said...

I had to come over here just to make sure life was....well....okay. Wow.

Zombs said...

Swami? You ok?

Puffy said...

I think she's very ok, if you catch my drift.

Bravie said...

Yes Puffy, assuming that was really Mr. Swami. I am sort of having some doubts about that at the moment. I sincerely hope that it was him.

Asrai said...

Just checking in with my Swami gal...haven't heard from ya in a bit. How are the knees holding up? I'm surprised at how well my mom's back surgery went in the recovery time afterward. May you be blessed with a speedy recovery, as well.

I miss your voice...perhaps a small shout out for us?