1. Chickadees rioted on my deck. I put out some bird seed for the first time this fall and a horde of chickadees swarmed the deck. Their party was quickly crashed by nuthatches, then blue jays, then hairy & downey woodpeckers, then (of course) a squirrel or two. I guess the birdies were hungry.
2. I learned a new word on The Daily Show yesterday. FLILF.
3. Yesterday I finished off all my cheesecurds because Weltek reminded me of them.
4. Today is supposed to be the last great day of Fall. Again.
5. I guess my Halloween decorations are going to stay in the basement this year. Even Grizzelda, my favorite witch. I miss Grizzelda.
6. For New Year's I am going to Tough Love my daughter right out the door, or something like that. She is getting way too comfortable here on Easy Street where dad pays for everything.
7. For my next birthday I want an electric carving knife.
8. I lost my favorite necklace somewhere in the house and I can't find it for the life of me. It is a pewter medallion with two sculpted Celtic trout and some seaweed enclosed in a 2 & 1/2 inch knotted pewter circle. I found it one day more than 25 years ago, while walking down Hennepin Avenue with Tom and it's been my "lucky" necklace ever since. I would hate to lose it for good!
9. I am "watching" a bunch of stuff on eBay. I don't think I am going to buy anything, but you never know. I am watching some oriental art, some Breyer horses and some Christmas angels. If I had a place for them I would have a herd of about 125 Breyer horses. I love those things! I have too many angels already, but I like to put them all over at Christmas time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
You're already thinking of Christmas? Oh jeeeeez.
Christmas starts the day after Halloween, Bravie. I used to fight that but now I have embraced the concept.
I don't want to think about Christmas, even though I've seen crap in the stores since Oct 1st. I finally finished costumes last night. Wait. No I didn't. I still have to finish Rotten1's shirt. Crap.
None of my Halloween decorations made it out of the shed. *sigh* The bright side is, I don't have to repack everything. Again.
Good luck with the Tough Love for middle child.
My Halloween decorations are up!
I googled FLILF and it's right there on the internet!
What is FLILF?
Post a Comment