So in order to fight back I have decided to start growing these again:

Aren't they lovely? Who could feel winter blue with cheery little bursts of color like this saying Good Morning! to you?
My current houseplants are either all green or multi-colored Crotons. I also have an aspidistra that won't stop blooming, with those white callas-lily type blooms that they have.
Tell me about your houseplants!

15 comments:
Those are beautiful. I love purply flowers and bushes.
Well I knew you loved bushes...
I kill houseplants. *shrug* I do find with outdoor stuff.
We're getting the cement snow tomorrow, could you please take 6-10 so there's none left for me. Please?
*snort*
I like crotons in my salad. Especially the garlic ones. They are good in soup too. Which is about the best thing to have in this type of weather.
I don't know what cement snow is.
Those are pretty. I love purple flowers, especially when planted with orange ones.
I don't have any houseplants because I forget to water them. I do start plants(annuals) inside and then transplant them. Soon the kids and I will do the sunflowers and some other seeds I bought.
Those are very pretty african violets, Swami. I have a few golden pothos plants. I got one of them when I had my appendix out and I still have it. I also have another plant that a little boy gave me with its "I love you" card still stuck in the dirt.
Zombs, we call it cement snow when the snow is so wet and dense that it feels like wet cement laying on the ground. Very crappy stuff to walk in or drive through and a guaranteed heart-attack if you shovel the crap with vigor.
I have no houseplants. If I did, it would be like them having a death sentence. :D
Nutz <--- so doesn't have a green thumb.
I have a couple of ivys and a dragonthingamabob (or maybe it's an aligatorthing?) and some other something that has itty bitty yellow flowers and a ficus tree that seems to be growth stunted lately. Scarily enough, all of my plants were ones given to us during the death of a grandparent.
I had a little yellow pot of yellow primroses, and a little yellow pot of pink primroses. I liked them very much. Then, they died.
*sniff* I love houseplants. My cats also love them. Thus, I only have a few pothos, some thing I don't know the name of and a christmas cactus from my MIL.
Sigh.
I didn't realize so many of you were houseplant challenged.
Momma, I had only one plant from a funeral. At my FIL's funeral I had to take home a big Scheffelara because I am "good with plants."
I get along okay with my MIL but FIL and I were oil and water. Therefore the memorial Scheffelara later tried to kill me by sneaking up and tripping me. I fell good and dislocated my elbow. I gave the damn plant away the next day.
I don't have house plants. I managed to kill a cactus a couple of years ago.
Thinking about my houseplants makes me sad. I used to have so many, and I've neglected quite a few, to the point of death. :( Some were well over 10 years old.
I used to have a beautiful african violet, but it died of natural causes, I think.
My best plant now is a shamrock something-or-other. It has purple leaves and pretty purple flowers. Love it. My peace lily died a while back, and now I mostly have the kind that you almost *can't* kill, but I don't know their name.
MM - my evil sister Carole has only silk houseplants. I find it quite funny. Mostly she has big bouquets of silk flowers stuck into every corner.
I don't understanf silk.
Post a Comment