Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Poor Mr Swami

First he had to go to Arkansas. Then he passed a kidney stone at the airport. Then he had to check his carry-on because he had too many banned "liquids" (lotions and balms and such) that he didn't want to discard. Then the airline lost his bag. He arrived in Little Rock after 9 p.m. so everything was closed. Hotel gave him a toothbrush, shaver and basic toiletries but he had to go to his 8 a.m. meeting wearing his travel clothes (jeans and a "retired" dress shirt.) Work people raided their corporate closet and gave him a new dress shirt with their logo on the pocket, and a nice logo baseball cap to complete the outfit, lol.

He left right after the day's worth of meetings. He checked for his luggage at the Arkansas airport (still lost they said) then went through security. Waiting at the gate he got a call on his cell-phone that they found his luggage but he had to pick it up. So he went back out to the luggage department where they told him "Oops. We don't have it. No idea why you got that message. Some kind of glitch."

So he had to go back through security again.

When he finally got to MSP at about 10 p.m. that night he went to Luggage here to be sure they had his correct forwarding address. Luggage Dept said "Good news. We found your luggage! It's been waiting for you in Arkansas!" Stupid screwed up airline. His luggage was probably there the whole time!

It was a sadly wrinked Mr Swami who walked in my door at 11:30 p.m. I told him he looked just like an Arkansan. He had the grace to laugh.

9 comments:

kim (weltek) said...

*snort* Poor Mr. Swami! Could he NOT send his bad travel karma my way this week? I leave tomorrow for CA for business. I never travel with much in my carry-on, and have lucked out so far. One of these days, my luggage will get lost. But I'm the person that will find some way to get to a Walmart or Target at midnight or six a.m. to find needed items.

Puffy said...

Poor Mr. Swami. He needs some extra lovin' I think.

momma said...

Poor Mr. Swami. At least he got a new shirt out of the deal, right?

HistoryDetective said...

I always get afriad that something like this will happen to me!

You are a lot kinder than I would have been in this entry. I would have named names about which airline it was.

Anonymous said...

Ugggghhhh. *keeps fingers crossed for my upcoming trip*

Especially since I'll be seeing Bravie. Can you imagine what she'll do to me if I end up with no luggage.

Swami said...

Boo - maybe Carey will let you wear the stuff in her 49ers collection! Or her prairie skirt collection!

HD - it was American Airlines.

Seana said...

Um. Everything was closed after 9 pm? Wow.

Poor Mr. Swami. I'm sure you'll make him feel all better later.

My boss once had his luggage lost and had to go to WalMart to buy clothes and toiletries. They found the bag, but he didn't end up getting it for 2 days.

He sent in his receipt from WalMart to their lost baggage department and told them that's what they owed him. They only quibbled a little before sending him a cheque.

arkie said...

Hey! What do you mean, he looked like an Arkansan?

Swami said...

Lol, Arkie. He looked a little rough around the edges, a little truck-stop mechanic-y, and rather unwashed. But still hot! Totally hott!!