Her name is Kiki. She is medium sized and all bright green except for more yellowish green on the underside near her tail and bright rose spots on both cheeks. She's beautiful.
I got her when she flew by the huge, open windows of this big loft where I live. I yelled "Hey! Parrot! Look here!" and threw some pistachios on the floor. Kiki flew right into my room and started eating, so I shut the window and now she's mine.
And yes it was only a dream - but such a vivid one! I still feel confused. I may have to go buy some bird seed later today. I have always wanted a parrot...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
LOL! I was just about to comment how you shouldn't keep wild animals as pets, then I read it was a dream. Heh.
Hey, Swami, look here!
*tries to capture a swami*
Fun Dream... are you subconsciously wanting a parrot??
Hey Swami.. I have a Minnesota question for you... can I email you? If so, send me one at mom2bjm@yahoo... please...
*snort*
May I give you some advice? Don't get a parrot. Get a cockatiel if you really feel the need for a bird. Parrots are extremely noisy and pretty messy. And they live for something like 700 years.
We had our cockatiel for 21 years and that was plenty. :)
Mom2, I hotmailed you.
Bravie, I would never really get a parrot. I know it is like having a 2 year-old forever in terms of how much attention they need, and if they don't get your attention then they pull out all their feathers, scream constantly and generally lose their minds while looking like gulag victims. But I stil want one!
*sits with monsty in the "bird issues" camp*
LOL!
I object to caging animals that can fly. However:
My mother had a budgie and a cat. She would leave the cage open for the budgie to fly around. The cat caught her twice. She fell into the decorative lighting fixture once and had to be rescued. She was lucky that I came home with DH (then-DBF) or she'd have been stuck there for hours.
I guess I have no point. Maybe that budgies are dumb and should be kept in cages for their own good.
Me likey birds.
When I was a kid I had a blue budgie named Tweetie. We always left the door of her cage propped open and every hour or two she would climb out, fly around the room once or twice then go back into her cage to sit by the mirror. Her learning curve on not flying through windows was very short. She lived for years & years.
When my kids were little I had a pair of lesbian cockatiels in a huge cage. They would go at each other non-stop for hours. My middle DD used to complain, "Mom! The birds are going piggyback again! Make them stop!" (I told her they just liked piggyback rides.) Oh, the moaning that went on during lesbian cockatiel piggyback rides! I had people drop by just to watch. They both laid eggs which never hatched, of course.
Eventually (after about 5 years) one of the birds wound up picking feathers off the other bird and then killed her so quickly I was taken by surprise. Lover's quarrel? Who knows. Remaining bird lived another 5 years.
Then I got three parakeets. One was sickly and died fairly soon after I brought them home. The other two were fine for awhile but then the big one began to torment the less bold one. While I was deciding that I had to get another cage and seperate them - you guessed it - big bird offed the smaller bird.
I didn't want to keep another homicidal bird so I gave it away to DH's brother's kids.
But I still like birds. They're sweet when they're not killing each other lol.
Well. Okay. I don't think I want to know what brought this dream on.
Hee hee!
I thought you were serious! :D
Don't you have to watch what you say around those birds because they imitate everything you say?
At least you'd have a good thing to do with your recycled newspapers.
Post a Comment