Thursday, April 12, 2007

Copied From Monsty

My name: Martha

childhood ambition: To raise Arabian horses and travel in space. I saw no contradiction in these goals.

fondest memory: Playing on the Niagara Escarpement.

soundtrack: Andrea Bocelli (I probably spelled his name wrong. Sorry.)

retreat: Never. I prefer to advance!

wildest dream: Being a sexy movie star and Olympic Gold Medal figure skater.

proudest moment: Probably the first few months with my first child, altho that is longer than a moment. Marrying Tom. Some monoclonal antibodies I made, way back in the 70s.

biggest challenge: My son.

alarm clock: I rarely set one. The joy of being self-employed!

perfect day: Warm summer evening, dinner on the screen porch then watch the fire flies with Tom.

first job: Migrant fruit picker, lol. Picking peaches sucks! You get covered with itchy fuzz.

indulgence: Buying hardcover books. Reading these books while nibbling Lindt's dark chocolate truffles.

last purchase: A whole bunch of vitamins and food supplements from GNC, about $125.00 worth.

favorite movie: Shawshank Redemption, LOTR, lots of others.

inspiration: People? Molly Ivins and Margaret Mead. Places: Mountains, ocean. Place where mountains come right down to the ocean shore is just magic!

My life: Goes on.

My card: I have too many credit cards, so I will say I am a card-carrying Liberal!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun life, Swami.

Anonymous said...

And I admire your love for Tom. Very sweet. I don't think I publicly adore my husband enough.

Bravie said...

Ohhhh, I love Shawshank Redemption. Such an awesome book and movie.
May I have a peach, please?

kim (weltek) said...

I always forget about Shawshank Redemption when I list my favorite movies. So great.

Hey-Chris is planning a fishing trip to Hayward in June (fuzzy on the date). I was thinking I'd go stay with his dad in Spooner and take a side trip over to stalk...er...see you. I'll be in touch when I have more details.

Glowie said...

I want a peach!

Arabian horses in space. Awesome. Your perfect day sounds gorgeous.

Monstah said...

So here I sit with a cup (and saucer) of Assam tea and as I read your answers I suddenly felt this urge to go and visit you. I would love to have tea with you Swami.

Swami said...

*circles month of June*

Monsty, if you come I'll let you drink from my limited edition Lady Di teacup. It's such a pretty teacup.

Seana said...

OMG Lindt truffles...

*drool*