Thursday, April 05, 2007

Bangers and Mash

This is what I have decided to have for Easter dinner, lol. Good ol' bangers and mash.


Doesn't it look nice? I am not a huge fan of ham, but I never met a sausage I didn't like.

I have a nice chicken sausage with feta and spinach stuffing, some Andouille and some good old Polish sausage. I have garlic and green onions to mix into the mash. Add a nice, loaded salad and voila: Easter Dinner.

Since bangers and mash are really, technically, breakfast food I shall have a cream cheese & almond coffee cake for dessert. I am so brilliant!

Swami<--- thinking outside the ham.

19 comments:

Bravie said...

That looks very very yummy. I will be having stadium weiners and beer on Easter. Go Giants.

Breezy said...

oooh can I come to your house? I don't like ham.

Aislinn Sirk said...

Hmmm, you may have inspired my Easter dinner. I love sausages too.

Swami said...

I have 14 sausages total so I should be able to fit in a few extra people.

Bravie said...

I really want to eat your bangers right now.

Jen said...

That's supposed to be breakfast food? How odd.
I know I had heard of bangers and mash before, but I didn't ever know what it was. So informative, the Swami blog.

So how many inches of sausage are you going to eat?
*innocent face*

Puffy said...

Are you inviting Charla and Mirna?

Swami said...

Jen, the Andouille are about 8" long whereas the chicken w/feta & spinach as well as the Polish are just over 6" each. All three look tasty, and size isn't everything.

*whacks Puffy*
There will be no references to Charla allowed at my dinner table.

mtw said...

Yes, but is 6" enough sausage for you, or does it not quite fill you up? I think that's what Jen was wondering.

And I thought Fat Bastard was a beer. Oh wait, that's Fat Tire.

Schnookie said...

After the Charla & Myrna sausage fiasco, I don't think I could bring myself to eat sausage.

I'll eat the mashed potatoes though.

Monstah said...

I would drink a yummy beer with this meal, I think. I never heard the term "banger" for a suasage. I heard of kilbasi- awful spelling, I know.

My inlaws have turkey for Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter. I hate going there for Christmas...who the heck wants another turkey meal after just recently eating one just a month before?

Swami said...

I don't like beer, Monsty, so I will serve wine. Mr. Swami has a small assorment of beers chilling in the frige. If he wants one he's on his own.

MTW, I would prefer more than 6" tyvm.

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Your bangers & mash look luvverly!

I have a huge container of mashed potatoes (5 lbs worth) in my fridge ,because I overcooked the potatoes I was steaming for potatoe salad.. woulda been potato mush. So, I think we'll be having a shepherds pie tomorrow...

Swami said...

Shepherd's pie! That's my evil sister Carole's favorite dish! But I luv you anyway, Mom2.

Aislinn Sirk said...

Right, Easter..

Our house right now has no food. I'm not feeling inspired to cook really, as that would involve shopping and I don't really feel like shopping either.

Mr Bob has been awefully busy, so I did most of the shopping/cooking the last two weeks and now I'm bored.

hmm Maybe I'll just make what I want.

kim (weltek) said...

MMM, that looks delish! I didn't plan enough to cook a fancy meal, so we had venison steaks (with a wasabi, mustard and soy sauce), rice with diced veggies and asparagus for dinner.

And nachos for lunch (hey, I had some leftover taco meat that had to get used). Tonight I am making "country captain." Apparently this is an American classic. This will be the first time I've ever had it.

Swami said...

Kim, I have no idea what Country Some kind of hotdish?

I LOVED the chicken sausage with feta & spinach! So tasty, and a wonderful texture. It was maade by Hans Organic Foods in Chicago, about $4.59 for 4 sausages. What was great was the fresh taste and lack of heaviness. Sausage always has a heavy, greasy background taste - and this chicken sausage is missing that. Pure heaven. It comes in mild, medium and hot.

kim (weltek) said...

Country Captain appears to be a curry spiced cut-up chicken, seared and then simmered in some wine/broth/diced tomato mixture (it's of southern origin). Odd combo. I'm curious. In my Ladies Home Journal chicken cookbook, they said it was the test kitchen favorite of the whole book. Um, ok, I'll give it a whirl.

Swami said...

That sounds like just another chicken curry. Weird I never heard of it. I will have to Google up a recipe.