Sunday, April 15, 2007

4 Wide X 6 Deep

That's how big the crowd was waiting to buy ice cream at a local Dairy Queen last night. Four windows, six or more people at each. When you warm Minnesotans up to 55'F they will put on shorts and go to the Dairy Queen. This many white, white legs means spring must come soon.

Tom just left for Arkansas. He is going to spend one (count 'em - one) lovely day in Little Rock talking to idiots. For this privelege he has to spend almost 10 hours of travel time because he has to change planes at O'Hare both ways. He was not in a good mood as he left.

Tonight I am taking the DD and her BF to Red Lobster for dinner. This is the beginning of her birthday week celebration. Actual birthday? Next Sunday.

4 comments:

Aislinn Sirk said...

ice cream....

I have no ice cream.

Bob <--- sad now

kim (weltek) said...

As a former midwestern DQ worker, I can assure you Swami is correct. And the freezing tubes sometimes can't keep up with the ice cream flow, resulting in a watery mess.

Puffy said...

I'm still lovin' my hot chocolate and it's 60 degrees here.

Seana said...

"Freezing tubes" makes the ice cream sound that much more appetising. :-)

There are people wearing shorts around here too. I think I must just be a huge sissy.

Birthday week celebration? Lucky DD.