Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Kitty is on a Mission

I swear, Tippy Toes is trying to dig to China. He has been inside his litter box for about 5 minutes, digging & digging with great enthusism. Either that or he has pooed the Great Cat Poo and it's taking that long to bury it.

Also. How despirate am I? Blogging about cat poo?

On the home front, DD has not been joined at the hip with her BF for the past couple of days. This is the second time in as many months. I wish she would just dump the jobless wonder and meet a nice, sensible geek with goals. Geeks with goals rule the world.

8 comments:

kim (weltek) said...

Cats are strange.

Speaking of litter boxes, how do you use scoopable litter? If so, how often do you wash out the litter boxes? We've only been doing it yearly, but I'm thinking quarterly is going to by my mission. I'm not a dirty person, I just don't care about the litter boxes in the basement, and the cats don't seem to mind.

My family hated Chris at first (he avoided the family like the plague and had a real attitude). Over the years he softened up, became more mature and now loves hanging out with most of my family. They love him now.

Seana said...

It's been quite a while since I cleaned out the litter boxes. We use the scooping kind just because it smells so much less. I think you're supposed to scoop it every day, but I only do it once or twice a week. My cats are total princesses and they will pee on the floor rather than stand in a dirty box.

Swami said...

We scoop about twice a week and keep the litter pretty deep, so you really have to excavate as you scoop.

We wash the litterboxes sporadically, and only in warmer months so we can wash them outside. The idea of washing the litter boxes in any interior basin that we the people use just creeps me out.

Kim, the daughter's BF is a likeable enough guy and I get along with him quite well. He is welcome in my home and spends time here. But. He has Going Nowhere tattooed on his forehead. The guy is 22 years old and does not have a skill, a driver's license or a job. DD is his ticket. He knows it and his mom knows it.

kim (weltek) said...

For a second, I thought he literally had that tatoo. *giggle*

Sigh. Not much you can do. It's just unfortunate that he won't try to do better in life. That is a one way ticket to a lifetime of arguments and resentment.

Puffy said...

I really and honestly believed that he had GOING NOWHERE tattoed on his forehead. I even told DH about it, until I read Kim's post and realized that he didn't. *gullible Puffy*

We have a vibrating cat scoop. I push a button and it vibrates so I don't have to shake it to sift it. Laziness rules!

Swami said...

Lol at Kim & Puffy! Although since so many people now have random words tattooed just about anywhere on their bodies I guess that old adage is now believable. Not sure why anyone would want Going Nowhere on their forehead though.

Would you have believed he has Stupid tattooed on his forehead? My dad used to say that one too.

Coco said...

I could see how having "Going Nowhere" tattooed on one's butt would be funny. The forehead could be overkill, though.

Maybe your cat is bored? You could buy him a fish or something.

Aislinn Sirk said...

A live fish.