OK, I feel really smart. I rolled my mouse over the pic there and looked at the URL, which had the words "Divine Design" in them. I recognise this as a TV show. I look up said TV show and discover that this is a picture of Candice Olsen.
*pats self on back*
This is especially good because I've been really stupid all day. Well, OK, it's not even noon yet, but I've been packing the dumbness in.
Yes, Seana - that is Candice. I just love her show! She's on HGTV in the US. I'm sure many Americans have no idea she and her show are Canadian.
Lasann - thanks for heads up on 60 Minutes. I remember seeing a promo for that some time ago but I rarely watch that show, so I missed it. I will see if I can figure out how to watch it online. I talked with Temple Grandin once (an autistic woman who is also an author of several books about her experience with autism.) Very interesting, and very strange.
I can't believe how many people don't know who she is! Her shows are rerun all the time on HGTV. Actually, this year she reformatted her "schtick" slightly and I wasn't entirely pleased but once I got used to it everything was okay.
She has a little "family" of assistants - Edmund the sewer, Paul the carpenter, ___ the painter, ___ the electrician (sorry - I am blanking on their names right now) and they do a very high end remodel of a room or rooms. No $1,000 budget thing here! Not even close.
I didn't know the woman either, and I sure do miss receiving HGTV.
The View had Temple Grandin on yesterday morning, and the whole show was devoted to Autism. Rosie said they could have done a much longer show on the topic.
Toni Braxton was a co-host and she just found out her 3 year old son is autistic, and she's just learning how to deal with it. It was a good program - more like a public service show today than most other days.
11 comments:
Who is she? Is that Sara Moulten? No, it can't be. Sara is short. But it looks like her face.
OK, I feel really smart. I rolled my mouse over the pic there and looked at the URL, which had the words "Divine Design" in them. I recognise this as a TV show. I look up said TV show and discover that this is a picture of Candice Olsen.
*pats self on back*
This is especially good because I've been really stupid all day. Well, OK, it's not even noon yet, but I've been packing the dumbness in.
What channel to you get this on, Swami?
Swami, I saw your post on Kim's blog about Autism. I'd so do anything to raise money for this. My nephew and neighbor's kid are both autistic.
Do you catch 60 minutes last night. It was about the autistic British guy who is functional enough to describe his brain function. It was awesome!
If you missed it try to watch it online and let me know what you think!!
I love her. She's so funny.
Oh, and I too give to autism charities because my niece is autistic. I wish I would have seen that show last night.
Very smaht, Seana. Smarht indeed.
Yes, Seana - that is Candice. I just love her show! She's on HGTV in the US. I'm sure many Americans have no idea she and her show are Canadian.
Lasann - thanks for heads up on 60 Minutes. I remember seeing a promo for that some time ago but I rarely watch that show, so I missed it. I will see if I can figure out how to watch it online. I talked with Temple Grandin once (an autistic woman who is also an author of several books about her experience with autism.) Very interesting, and very strange.
I don't think I've ever seen that show.
I'll echo the hurrah on autism research. I'm so glad it's finally receiving the recognition it deserves.
I never heard of her. She's wearing appropriate clothes for a tall woman. At first I thought that maybe she was Lisa Kudrow.
I can't believe how many people don't know who she is! Her shows are rerun all the time on HGTV. Actually, this year she reformatted her "schtick" slightly and I wasn't entirely pleased but once I got used to it everything was okay.
She has a little "family" of assistants - Edmund the sewer, Paul the carpenter, ___ the painter, ___ the electrician (sorry - I am blanking on their names right now) and they do a very high end remodel of a room or rooms. No $1,000 budget thing here! Not even close.
I didn't know the woman either, and I sure do miss receiving HGTV.
The View had Temple Grandin on yesterday morning, and the whole show was devoted to Autism. Rosie said they could have done a much longer show on the topic.
Toni Braxton was a co-host and she just found out her 3 year old son is autistic, and she's just learning how to deal with it. It was a good program - more like a public service show today than most other days.
Oh Oh OH! I knew!
WE do watch her show sometimes, but I think I liked her with longer hair, not the shorty short that she has now.
Yes, she is tall ! I think she embraces her tallness!
Post a Comment