Thursday, July 27, 2006

Where are you neat? Where are you not?

I am extremely neat & orderly in how I load things into the dishwasher. I can fit an amazing amount in with nothing so crowded or poorly positioned that it does not get clean. My daughter? (and the reason for this post) appears to throw things in from a distance of 10 feet. I can't stand it.

I am neat in how I put things on the kitchen shelves. I am not neat in what I put in kitchen drawers. My silverware is forced into organization by the divider thing. All other drawers are a jumble. Some are a themed jumble, but a jumble nonetheless.

I am neat in how I hang things in my closet. I am not neat with clothes in drawers, which are a jumble.

I am neat about where I put bills and paying them. I am not neat with all other mail which sits in a jumble for weeks sometimes until I get sick enough of it to open every freaking thing & decided if it is a save or toss item. Almost always it is a toss item but once in a while I find something important--so I have to physically open & look at every freakin' thing.

I am neat in the living room, where my books and art are. I am not neat in other rooms which accumulate carp at an amazing rate.

I am neat with my recycling corner. I am not with things on the kitchen countertop. (Daughter & her BF regard the recycling containers as a "pile it higher & deeper" discard pile. I hate that!)

I am neat with where stuff is in my purse. I am not neat with the stuff on my bedside nightstand.

I am neat with where stuff is in my car's console. I am not neat with stuff I keep on the floor in back (random umbrellas, hats, carry-alls, map books etc - no trash back there.)

So, where are you neat and where are you not?

10 comments:

kim (weltek) said...

I am neat in my blog. :-)

I am neat in my living room and dining room.

I'm neat in the most commonly used spare bedroom.

I'm neat in the freezer.

I'm messy in my kitchen drawers.

I'm messy in the bathroom.

I'm messy in the coat closet.

I'm messy at work. Everything needs filing and I'm too messy to even organize for someone else to go through.

The rest I'm mediocre with. Not obsessively neat & organized, yet not scary.

Bravie said...

I am more un neat than I am neat.
In the dishwasher, all the forks must go in the same place and all of the spoons in the same, etc. But otherwise I am sloppy in the dishwasher too.
I am neat in my 49er room.
My desk at work is neat.
Pretty much nowhere else which drives Michelle insane because she is an OCD neat freak.

Surveysez said...

I am a really neat person. Too bad everything everywhere about me is cluttered. Don't know how that happens.

Jen said...

"I'm messy in the bathroom" was something that I wish I didn't know about you, Kim. :P

HistoryDetective said...

My underwear drawer is very neat.

~Nutz said...

My dishwasher, my bed, my purse and my car are all very neat. The rest of my life? Utter freakin' chaos! :D

arkie said...

Neat freak. *grin*

mm said...

It's funny, when I stay in hotels, I like everything to be put away, very neatly, but at home, I struggle to clean after three people (besides myself) so I have a harder time even trying. I do try to keep the car neat, though, since it's a smaller space, and easier to control.

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»