On Monday right at about 5 o'clock I had all the igredients for a lovely stir-fry cut up, in the pan and ready to quick cook. We love stir-fry and it's a great dish because it cooks in 5 or 6 minutes so I don't start cooking until Tom walks in the door.
Monday, Tom walks in at about 6:45 just ahead of some pouring rain. We get a little wind gust and *poof* no electric power! So I stick my lovely stir-fry in the frige and we eat cold sandwiches. (Power comes back in 3 hours, a typical summer power out around here.)
Tuesday, big clouds blow up again at about 5 o'clock - so I decide to quick cook the stir-fry, because Mother Nature can't fool me twice in a row lol. Big wind; power stays on. Tom gets home at 6:30 and we eat mushy, over-cooked stir-fry. Rain & more wind. The power stays on, but my satellite goes out! My satellite!
And it's still out! I MISS MY DISH!!! I have shows to watch, lol! I can get the local network channels but not the other 700 (or whatever) channels. DISH guy can't come out to the house until Friday.
How will I live?
What will I do?
I MISS MY DISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
Keep it blazin!
Holla!
I feel your pain. Even when the weather sends a super heavy cloud that causes pixilation for a few minutes, I freak out thinking about loosing the dish stations. I would only be able to watch peasant vision and no guide to the stations!
I feel your DISH pain. Happens to me, too. The customer service rep once said I should keep calling back to see if any cancellations opened up slots.
I have a hard time cooking perfect stir fry. I tend to overcook things. And, I need a wok.
We like stir-frys too, but you're right, if you don't time it just so, you're stuck with mushy carrots. :-(
Sorry about your dish. We have basic, basic cable, so I can't really feel your pain. You're probably down to the number of channels we get regularly.
You should just pack up some stir fry stuff and come over here to watch TV with me! *grin*
*heads to the Nutz's house*
Actually, once everything dried off in late morning my reception came back. I think I just need to trim a few trees. Including a big ugly one in my neighbor's yard. I hope he's not home tonight!
For some reason, our dish goes out ahead of the rain and then when the rain actually arrives, the picture comes back on. It's a good early warning system.
Mmmmm, stirfry! *runs to Swami's house*
Chapter 4 needs to be edited. I can send it to you. Let me know when you finish it!
Sorry about your TV --- and your stirfry. There's nothing more disappointing than looking forward to a particular meal only to have it turn out poorly.
I'm nervous about the rolling black-outs they might have to do here. I'd hate to miss BB!
Glad you got your dish back!
Here are some links that I believe will be interested
Here are some links that I believe will be interested
Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»
Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»
Post a Comment