Saturday night we had a power outage, probably a brownout kind of thing because it was 100 freaking degrees.
Power outages totally freak out my son with autism. He doesn't understand them and goes into high stress mode. So power out was a four-plus hour crisis. Anyway, his biggest worry was that we couldn't turn on the oven and make him a (frozen) pizza, his traditional Saturday night supper.
So about 8:30 p.m. I decided that I had to take him somewhere with power and buy pizza. I also invited the DD and her BF since they were here. We went to a place called Carbone's.
Now you know I don't much like pizza. It is probably number 473 on my list of things I like to eat. And Carbone's? Had a menu of pizza, pizza, and more pizza. They also had calzones (stealth pizza) & meatballs & stuff like that. (I have gotten their Caesar Salad before and it sucks--wilted romaine & too-sweet dressing, a few croutons and nothing else.) So I was resigned to pizza. They had a chicken Alfredo pizz on the menu and DD and I wanted to share a small one of those! - but of course they were didn't actually make it anymore. We finally got a Hawaiian Pizza, pineapple and Canadian Bacon. It was (meh) okay.
Why does everyone but me love pizza!
Oh yeah, the whole time we were in the restaurant DS was still way stressed. He has an extremely loud, deep voice and he kept saying the same thing over & over, at full volume. "Fingers crossed!!! When we get power on then we can have heat on, OKAY?!?!?!" Over & over & over again. I'm sure people in the restaurant thought we were nuts. It's one hundred freaking degrees outside and we can't wait to turn the heat on! ("Heat" is DS's shorthand for 'turn on the oven'.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

16 comments:
Then right as we got home the power came back on so I had to cook a frozen pizza in the oven too, just because (emergency!) we had to be sure the power was on and all was right with the world.
I hate pizza.
How can you not like pizza?!
As for the people in the restaurant thinking that your family was crazy, I think that they probably didn't take much notice of your son.
You, on the other hand, they could just tell that you do not like pizza and they wondered what kind of freak you are.
If he could sing, DS would be Pavarotti. His voice carries to the extreme. There was no corner of the restaurant that could not hear us.
Pizza is stupid. Red sauce and questionable bits of carp on a tasteless crust. What's to like?
We don't eat pizza very much anymore, mostly due to health reasons. If we do, I like the thin crust. However, we did have pizza last night because we got home late and I wasn't in the mood to cook. And I needed some comfort food.
Since my pizza world has expanded from regular meat & veggie toppings with red sauce, I've enjoyed it so much more. I can still appreciate a great classic pizza, but I'd much rather have BBQ chicken pizza, Thai pizza, mushroom & guyere pizza, etc...
So, pizza hater, I agree with HD. The people in the restaurant were looking at you, not DS. :-)
I don't know how I would have special treats if I couldn't have a cheese pizza. My absolute favourite.
You're a freak I tell ya! A FREAK!
:-)
I LOVE Montreal pizza! (how many times have you peeps heard me say that one LOL).
Since moving here to GA, I have to say the pizza is carp. I did once enjoy a yummy chicken pizza but the place closed down. *pout*
*drool* I'd give ANYTHING to have a pizza from Nikko's in Montreal. *drool*
What is Montreal pizza? I've heard you praise it, but I don't remember reading a description of it. Does it involve some kind of weird French cheese? Plus I bet it is loaded with mushrooms. Blecch!
I just mean a yummy greasy pizza from pretty much any restaurant in Montreal. Some restaurants are better than others but it's almost guaranteed that I'll love it.
What's so special about it? I grew up with it. It's greasy and lots of toppings and lots of cheese. It just tastes different. *shrugs*
My coworker is headed to Montreal tomorrow. I just told her I hear the pizza is good. :-)
I'm gellus. Tell her to also have some poutine LOL.
pizza is a food from God. That's all I have to say.
My son likes to eat those "stuffed crust" pizzas, usually pepperoni. If he doesn't finish, we just throw the leftovers away because neither Tom nor I like to eat pizza anymore, and DD won't eat her brother's 'leftovers'. *rolls eyes*
We throw away about half a pizza per week.
I hate leftover pizza. I like the stuffed crust, but good gawd that's a lot of grease, so I never order it.
Oh Swami. I don't understand. Pizza is my most favorite food on the planet. I would eat it all the time if I could. You can send DS's leftovers to me. :D
Man, I want a pizza now.
Even a stealth pizza would do.
Post a Comment