While at the sister's house, I inadvertantly washed my hair with dog shampoo. It went like this:
When I travel to a close relative's place I often don't bring my own shampoos & conditioners because the bottles are so large, I hate packing liquid anything, etc. etc., plus I know I can either find something in the house to use or run out and buy something. Why haul big bottles unnecessarily?
So the first day at sister's house I casually look over her selection. She has a bunch of bottles on her tub surround shelves--Johnson's baby shampoo, Dove facial wash, Citre Shine conditioner & Avon body wash on one shelf, Tresemme (Sp?) shampoo and some conditioner I don't recognize on a lower shelf. I ask sister if I can use her products. She says "Oh sure. You can use anything in there!"
So I wash my hair with the Tresemme, which I vaguely remember as being okay and use the Citre Shine conditioner. Instant frizz! My hair has never been so dry! I think maybe she has weird water. I put on a bunch of my Aveda finishing cream (which I did bring because it is small & a cream.) Still frizz city. I put on a bunch of some Citre Shine hair finisher Carole has. Slightly better but still I am frizzed up like the the Bride of Frankenstein.
Two days later I wash my hair there again--same thing, Tresemme & Citre Shine. Frizz. I need a whole handful of my Aveda finishing cream to make a difference! Usually I use barely a quarter of a teaspoon and that's plenty.
So later that day I look more closely at her products because something is very wrong here. I check & smell each product. The Tresemme and un-used conditioner I check last because they are on the lower shelf. The Tresemme smells pleasant enough, but I am not familiar with how it should smell. I pick up the bottle of conditioner and finally read the entire label. It is a dog hair conditioner!
I do a brief, lonely, freak-out in the sister's bathroom because I have finally figured it out. Stupid sister put dog shampoo into a Tresemme bottle because it has a nice pump dispenser with the bottle! I've been washing my hair with with dog shampoo!!!
I decide to not even tell stupid sister what has happened because she would turn the whole thing into a "why my sister is an idiot" story and tell every single person she knew how her visiting sister used the dog shampoo on her hair!
Stupid sister. "Go ahead and use anything in there" she says. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
I'm sorry to laugh at your (hair) pain, but this gave me major *gigglepants*
Oh my!!! I need a sharkie wipe!
BWAHAHAHAHA! Just be thankful she didn't put Nair in the container.
*hands Swami a doggie biscuit*
GAH! I never thought of that, Nookie! In that case I would have committed sistercide for sure!
Woof Woof.
Growwwwwwl.
*humps Swami*
*snort*
*snort*
ROFLMAO
*snort*
You are cordially invited to my pub. No brawling.
I'll use that shampoo if you're sure that you're done with it.
I'd offer sympathy but I'm too busy laughing until I cry.
I'll have you know, I have come back here to read other peeps comments at different times today and I *snort* every time!!!
*giggles*
Well, look at the bright side. At least you won't have fleas.
That's what Tom said.
*sing*
There might be bugs
On some of you slugs,
But there ain't no fleas
On me!
Hey!!! Swami!!! back away from the dog bowl. That food is NOT for you.
*snort*
Here, Swami, have some Kibbles 'N Bits.
Post a Comment