Thursday, July 30, 2009

My DD Arrives Tonight!

Along with The World's Cutest Grandson - who has gone directly from "little kid" to "young man", completely skipping the "big kid" phase. Some children do that, lol. He wants to be an actor and loves performing on stage. They will arrive sometime in the middle of the night. Good thing she has a key!

So I am busy washing & cleaning. DD has allergies so I really try to get rid of all the possible allergans that I can. Wash pillows, wipe down walls, etc. Well, my cleaning lady is doing much of the really dirty stuff and I am doing more of the fun stuff. Like, the new curtains are hung and look fabulous!

This cartoon was in my paper last Sunday and it totally explains how my housekeeping system works as well as why no one is allowed into my basement...

5 comments:

yvonne said...

YAY for family visits! I bet you can't wait to give them huge, big squeezy hugs.

LOL @ the basement cartoon. I can totally relate. Our basement is not finished (although I would love to get it finished) so it is the official storage space. I don't want anyone to go down there(especially me).

Puffy said...

Cute comic. I often cut out comics that I like and post them on the refrigerator. I used to post funny cat comics on the wall above my cat's food and water dishes. No basements in Southern California.

macgyver13 said...

Heh, that describes the basements of my parents and my in-laws perfectly -- and my wife and I are getting closer and closer to doing that in our own basement...

Enjoy your time with DD and the big guy!

Anonymous said...

Hope you are enjoying their visit!

Silvergirl said...

I know your grandson is a good looking boy, so I hope to see him someday on the big or small screen.

That is what is wrong with my house - it does not have a full basement, and partial basement is our laundry room. Not much room for storage.