Monday, July 27, 2009

My Cirque du Soleil Report, etc.

Oh, Kooza was fun! It was not completely sold out like Cirque usually is. I guess the economy is keeping people away from higher priced tickets. WE saw the best performance ever on the double spinnibg hamster wheelss. I'm not sure what their true name is. The appparatus looks like this:
<

Both small wheels revolve around the central point like those double ferris wheels as the whole thing spins. Guys run on the inside and/or outside of the wheels really fast and do tricks. One of the performers did HUGE jumps while running full-tilt boogie on the outside edge. Like - double backward somersaults while his wheel was at its apogee, maybe 45 ft off the ground? What a wow!

I wore my new, bright-print maxi dress. There were quite few maxi dresses out so I felt right in style.

I think in Vegas they have their own permanent building? But the road shows are in the Grand Chapiteau, which folds and moves to the next location when the show is over:


I tucked my purse under my seat and didn't realize until the show was over that it had been in danger of falling into a no-man's land below the stand of seats. Oops! Food was pretty expensive: 2 hot dogs + 1 popcorn + 2 soft drinks was $20. I think that's expensive.

I didn't drink much before the afternoon show - just one morning coffee - so I was completely dehydrated afterwards. I immediately sucked down 1 10 oz bottle of cranberry juice, 1 12 oz bottle of Dr Pepper, and then 2 large glasses of diet pop at Ruby Tuesday, where we went afterwards for an early supper.

A fun, fun day!

3 comments:

Puffy said...

Cirque comes to Santa Monica in the same tents. Looks like it was a thrilling show.

yvonne said...

I'm very jealous! Glad you had a great time.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. i know I commented here yesterday. I know because I googled maxi dress afterward.

LOL at you sucking down all those drinks.