Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Who Wants A Popover?



My new popover pan just arrived! Mr Swami loves popovers but they are never quite right when you make them in a muffin tin. Therefore, strictly in order to make Mr Swami happy I have acquired a genuine, deep-cup popover pan. Aren't I nice to Mr. Swami?

Yesterday, btw, was Mr. Swami's birthday - the big 6-0! And he doesn't look a day past 50. Although now with his temporarily gimpy leg (due to injured sciatic nerve) he might pass for 60. Unless he was in shorts - then he couldn't be past 45 or 50. I should post a pic of his legs, lol.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought you were done with cooking. *grin*

I'm currently waiting for a new "toy" myself - a crafting toy called "The Big Shot." It will help me make lots of letters and other such fun things.

yvonne said...

I vote for a picture of Mr. Swami's legs!

*raise hand*

yvonne said...

And? I would like a popover. Thanks!

*raises hand a second time to continue to vote for pic of Mr. Swami's legs*

Swami said...

I am done with cooking, Boo. But cooking evidently is not done with me. I keep waiting for my stand-in personal chef/nutritionist to show up - but nobody comes. So I cook. *sigh*

Swami said...

Augie, I will ask Mr Swami about posting a photo of his legs, lol.

kim (weltek) said...

Happy Birthday, Mr. Swami!

I have that same popover pan-it works awesome. Way better than a plain muffin pan. However, since acquiring it about three years ago, we've probably only had popovers four times. *hangs head in shame*

Swami said...

Psst! Kim! Make Yorkshire Puddings in it. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Puffy said...

I've never heard of a popover pan. I need to get out more. I'd like a Yorkshire pudding, please.

Happy Birthday Mr. Swami!