The original, one & only, late, great Woodstock rock festival, from whence all other rock festivals have sprung. See, I was a young college student then. My school was about 40 miles from Woodstock NY. I liked rock n roll. I knew about the festival. I was planning to go in the early afternoon. Why didn't I go?
The day of the event, local radio began to report that the country roads leading into Woodstock were all blocked with traffic & abandoned old cars. There was no place to park your car anywhere near farmer whatsisname's field where the festival was held. People were abandoning their cars in the ditch and hiking a mile or 2 into the site of the festival. Local cops were talking about towing all the darn cars.
I? Had just taken possession of my very first car - a Plymouth Satellite - and I did.not.want.it.towed. It was my first car, dammit! It was brown & a year old but it was mine all mine!!!
So I missed Woodstock due to parking issues. And I've been kicking myself ever since. What was I thinking? And migawd that was 40 years ago this summer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
My friend lived in upstate New York and has told me stories about going to Woodstock ever since. My husband ushered at the first Beatle's concert at the Hollywood Bowl in L.A.
If you only knew then what you know now, you would have risked the Plymouth getting towed. And had a great story to tell.
Oh well.
I don't have any cool "almost" stories. At least you do.
Oh well.
This sounds like something I would do.
Post a Comment