What is it about Tuesday that makes me do randoms?
1. If you buy a cup of McDonald's coffee and then let it sit in your car's cup holder for 40 minutes while you grocery shop it will be at perfect drinking temperature when you're done. For me anyway.
2. One of my parakeets died last night. I figured there was something not right with her since she was always, always, always eating and never getting fat. RIP little birdie named after Gua Jing Jing.
3. Mr Swami likes to buy me stuff. Isn't he sweet? He bats about 500 on getting something for my collections that I really want. This weekend at some random sale he bought me a few horses for my Breyer Horse collection - and all but one of them were actually Breyers! So for $32 he got me about $75 worth of model horses.
4. Which reminds me that now I have to nag him into adding another wall shelf for my growing herd of model horses.
5. I hope to get my DISH service back today. I have been TV-less for more than 1 &1/2 weeks due to trees getting really tall in my neighbor's yard. Guy is here installing a 12 foot pole in my yard right now. (There is one small spot in my yard that can look through the forest canopy at the sky. Sat receiver must go there.)
6. A few days ago I hired a Climber to go up one of my 85 ft spruce trees and thin out a few branches just to be sure that there was enough opening. He also took down a nearby dead spruce of the same size. There's $500 I'll never see again!
7. Without any TV I followed events in strife-torn Iran via Twitter. It was very interesting and even kind of fun to follow news that way. I like Twitter. It's not so personal, but it's fun.
8. It was super-duper hot and stuffy inside my local post office this morning. Post Master informed me that they are not allowed to turn on the air conditioning until the indoor temp is 79 degrees! So I told her that I felt faint & woozy and was officially complaining of poor air quality. Evidently customer complaints don't count altho she thanked me for trying. Temp inside was stuck on 78'.
9. If I end on 9) Boo will have palpitations. Can't have that.
10. Oh! One more! Mr Swami and our DS are going out on their annual Man Long Weekend, leaving on Thursday. I think they are going to The Dells. They will hike, waterpark, play pool, eat pizza and watch Cartoon Network in their underwear. I will stay here at home base, eat couscous and hopefully watch some TV. I will also call both my sisters and my D in NY state so we can have nice long chats.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
We had a DISH positioning issue last year. DISH tried to tell us our tree was getting too tall and it would cost us over $100 to have the dish moved. DIRECT came and used the exact same mount and rolled their eyes. Sounds like yours is indeed an unsolvable issue short of moving the dish, though.
I will wave to Mr. Swami from my house about an hour away. You think he'll see me? Ask him if he's going to Crusin' Chubbies.
1. 40 minutes? Wow.
2. RIP Swami Bird.
3. Yes, very sweet.
4. I still have wine racks to hang from about four years ago. I'm still waiting for my kitchen to be painted.
5. I would have pulled all of hair out by now.
6. Wow.
7. No Twitter for me, Swami.
8. 79 is cold for me. I don't turn on our AC until the inside of the house reaches about 83.
9. My heart thanks you.
10. Lucky Ducky You. I can't wait until Conner wants to go away with Dad on such trips.
Swami caved!
I guess the length of time to leave the coffee in your car depends on the weather.
I love the father-son weekend idea.
Yes, the father-son weekend is a nice idea.
RIP little birdie.
*****
Hooray for horsies!
Great, Swami goes to Facebook and now she abandons her blog. Deja vu. *glares*
Post a Comment