1. Family Health.
The MIL is much better and got to go home to the farm yesterday. She will get Meals on Wheels and be wired for Lifeline.
2. Movies.
I saw the best vampire movie yesterday!!! No, not that Twilight thing. I saw Let The Right One In. In Swedish, with English subtitles.
3. Art
Before the movie we ate at Stella's Fishhouse Cafe. The food was excellent - and also the art. I am always happy to be in a hotel or restaurant where someone pays attention to the art on their walls and uses it well. Stella's had a wonderful sense of humor.
Each booth and table area was decorated with a large, high resolution photograph of people who might be involved in the fishing industry down in the gulf. Think chubby rednecks in swimsuits. Hilarious! Our booth had a photo of a man and pubescent boy (his son, I would guess.) Both quite solid & chubby, in bathing suits, squinting at the camera in bold sunshine. The son had quite ginormous man boobs that he seemed unaware of. The booth next to our had a man's torso, from the back, sitting on a dock and fishing. Serious chubby butt cleavage hung from his swimsuit, lol.
Tom reporte that in the Men's Room there were two urinals on half of the wall opposite the stalls. On the other half of the wall was a life-sized photo of the same two urinals - one urinal filled with vomit, and the other draped with a fallen drunk whose pants were around his knees. I so wanted to see that room, but alas it was too occupied with men. :(
The Women's Room was disappointing. Instead of a photo there was just a bit of wall-mounted calligraphy" "Don't Pity the Lobster - It Lives to Kill."
4. I Should Fire The Bitch
My cleaning lady, who I formerly thought very highly of, has broken a 6" china horse I have had since I was 11 years old. I am so freaking angry!!! I kept this statue (one of a pair) safe for decades and now it is damaged! Grrrr!!!!! It looks like I can glue the leg on with almost no visible line - but still, I will know it is broken. I am surprised by how upset I am over this, lol. I may fire her ass, the bitch.
5. I have decided to make a cajun-rubbed turkey this year. There was a lovely recipe in the paper last week and I thought the spicey turkey would go very well with my favorite fruited stuffing and garlic & chive mashed red potatoes.
That's all for now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
1. Happy to hear that MIL is doing better.
2. I'm curious about the Twilight thing. But I'll wait until it's out on DVD. I watched "Shine The Light" today. Could that be considered a vampire movie?
3. Vomit filled urinals. Nice.
4. Aw, sorry about your horse Swami. At least that's one thing I don't have to worry about. I AM the cleaning lady. *sigh*
5. Can I come for Thanksgiving? It's been a while since ours and I'm ready for turkey again. :D
How nice that MIL is doing better. My MIL has had some issues too. We will likely have her living with us within 5 years.
Vampires aren't my thing.
The art sounds funny. Too bad there wasn't something comparable in the women's room.
Fruity stuffing sounds yummy. So does garlic red potatoes. I just love red potatoes.
I'm glad that your mother in law is back home. My mother in law had a birthday yesterday. Someone gave her a card that showed 2 old ladies surfing. The inside note said, "as long as we're retaining water, we might as well enjoy it."
1. Good news for MIL. Yay!
2. We are going to go see 007 very soon. A date. Yay!
3. Interesting.
4. I'm so sorry. I'm sure it was an accident, but still.
5. *blank stare* I don't think I could ever break from a traditional turkey. So vanilla of me.
I think you should fire the bitch on Thanksgiving day. *grin*
Glad you MIL is doing better.
Mmmmmm I love cajun.
Post a Comment