Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Stupid Writers' Strike

How am I supposed to come up with a new blog entry when all the writers are on strike?

I guess I will go shopping instead, since I have no work to do today. Menard's had a flyer in today's paper listing all their Christmas decorations on sale! I want an easy-leveling tree stand so I don't have to make Mr. Swami lie on the floor for hours and adjust screws. I also want a bunch of mirrored tree balls, some rope light and who knows what else.

It's either shopping or make doctor's appointments for some stuff I am overdue on. Like a mammogram and colonoscopy. Really. Which sounds more fun - shopping or medical carp? I hate mammograms! And? I have never yet had a colonoscopy and the whole idea scares me. My colon quivers just thinking about it! *colon shiver*

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not really a shopper, but I would take that any day over medical carp.

Swami said...

I'm not much of a shopper either but I have decided that wandering around in stores is a good excuse to exercise my knee. You'd think I would go for nature walks around my house, but I don't like walking on gravel roads.

momma said...

Ooooh!Will you pick up some rope lights and mirror balls for me? Please?

Swami said...

No problem, Momma. The rope lights are all on sale! I just hope they have mirrored balls too.

kim (weltek) said...

SHOP SHOP SHOP!

I tried to buy Thanksgiving plates (for pie) last night, but there was nothing but Christmas decor out.

Swami said...

Bed BAth & Beyond has all kinds of Thanksgiving Day plates & stuff available. I think Kohl's does too.

momma said...

Yay! I'll put a check in the mail. Will the post office know who Swami in Minnesota with the forest in the backyard is?

Schnookie said...

Linens 'n Things are also having big sales on dishes and serving platters for thanksgiving. Some things are 20% and 50% off.

I don't like shopping either Swami, especially if it's something I need. I do like browsing through stores like Linens 'n Things.

I would most definitely prefer shopping over medical tests. I have a referral for a mammogram so I must make an appointment. I keep putting it off though.

Not sure when I will ever get the nerve to do a colonoscopy, especially since our insurance doesn't cover it.

*sympathy colon shiver*

mtw said...

Easy-leveling tree stand???

*drool*

Swami said...

I got most of what I wanted, and some great big jingle bells too! Two dozen mirrored balls, Momma. (And yes - if you hit the right ZIP code then the Postmaster knows who I am.)

The easy-levelling tree stand looks awesome! I couldn't find a couple of things though - and got tired wandering around the big store. Oh well, money saved!

I also ordered Max's birthday cake for the 17th. He wanted Spiderman on an ice cream cake. I'll make my medical appointments tomorrow. *crosses fingers*

mtw said...

It's too soon still for me to come here and comment about ropes and mirrored balls.

Swami said...

Be sure to visit often in December, Mark. That's when Lights and I put on our jingle-bell leather harnasses, break out the whips and play Reindeer Games.

Bravie said...

This is why I have not updated either. Damn union people. :)

Puffy said...

Nookie's right! I was at Linens 'n Things yesterday. They have lots of Thanksgiving things (like chafing dishes) up to 60% off.

They're also selling a cool contraption that's like one of those games with the big scoop that scoops up a stuffed animal and drops it into the chute. Only it scoops up candy and drops it into the chute.

Schnookie said...

I want those chafing dishes! I never entertain and I'll never use them, but I still want them LOL.