Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Nothing to Report Today.

--Outside Christmas decorations are halfway up.

--I want a yogurt because I forgot to eat breakfast.

--I just accidently spent $120 online at southwestindian.com

--The Mist is a so-so movie.

15 comments:

Seana said...

I plan to do the Christmas decorations on December 1 (Saturday), as per tradition. I have tons of cleaning to do so that there will be a place for the tree. I must get DH to do the outside ones, because he says I will kill myself if I do it.

momma said...

I have the tree up. And a few knick knack type things. And the beginnings of a Christmas village.

Nothing outside yet.

Zombs said...

I'm disappointed at your review of The Mist. Don't tell me anything but is the ending as good as they say? We joined Netflix and have to wait until it is out on DVD.

I loved the story. I wish they would make a mini-series of The Long Walk

Still did not put up inside decorations although we did do a gingerbread train this year that is slowly getting picked apart already.

Swami said...

We do the outside decs first, while it is still "comparatively" warm out - and hopefully before the ground freezes. Which will be any day now.

My mom and I both are December babies, so by tradition I buy my tree on or between our birthdays.

Zombs, Mist is not a bad movie. It just is not a really, really good movie. I could not feel vested in any of the characters. It's a very Stephen ending. Does that help?

I'm trying to remember The Long Walk. I know I read it...

I am kicking myself because I forgot to be alert for King's cameo appearance. I didn't see him. Of course I am just assuming he made a cameo appearance since like Hitchcock he usually does. (I didn't like when he took a whole part in The Stand. It was distracting.)

Zombs said...

Oooh it was about a bunch of boys that walk until they drop or are shot. A big reality show kind of set in the future I guess. The last one standing is the winner. It's been awhile since I read it but it is my favortie short story of his.

Ok a Stephen ending can mean anything. He is not afraid of killing main characters and kids. But I have had my suspisions since it has been released. They don't mention it is a King like ending just that it was shocking.

Swami said...

Bang
Bang
Bang
Bang
Click

Swami said...

I think Thinner was my favorite novella. Or The Langoliers.

Zombs said...

Stephen King loves to use children who are blind or deaf while Koontz loves to use a dog.

Zombs said...

We should have a Stephen king blog.

Zombs said...

One more thing we just watched 1408. Another one where ot felt like something did not translate. We saw the directors cut and apparently it is very different from the theatrical release.

Swami said...

I have not yet seen 1408.

Koontz newest book, that he wrote when his dog Trixie died is not getting the best reviews. I forget the name - something with Dogs and Darkness I think. Sometimes I get tired of his dog-centeredness, but Intensity (no Goldens there that I remember) remains one of my all-time favorite thrillers.

Zombs said...

I talked to DH tonight and he said that the director of The Mist is doing the Long Walk!

Swami said...

Actually, Zombs, I think the movie's ending is even darker than King's original ending. Director kind of out-Kinged King.

kim (weltek) said...

This was a very short, yet informative post.

I want to see pics of your Christmas decor.

I was curious about The Mist

I hate it when those totals end up bigger than I planned.

Bravie said...

Ohhhh, yes, a Stephen King blog. I likey.