Friday, November 09, 2007

NOOOOO !!!!!

SNOW !!!!
I am so not ready. I need new boots!

On the other hand the deer hunters will be happy because now they can track their prey.

Which reminds me of my poor neighbor. Here in the midwest many people create a little "lawn art" display of 3 whitetailed deer - daddy deer, mommy deer and Bambi makes three. Usually the statues are made of painted cement or some kind of resin and people put them up near their houses.

Anyway, one neighbor down the road decided to put a single buck out by his roadside mailbox in a non-traditional display. And? This "buck" has been shot twice by hunters - no matter that you are not supposed to shoot from your car, or shoot within so many feet of a state highway, or that it is so obviously a statue if you look at it for more than 10 seconds and are not drunk.

So the guy was forced to put a blaze orange vest onto his display buck. I think it is hysterical - a lone buck on the side of the road, wearing blaze orange. I bet he gets shot again though. Deer hunters are persistant folks.

8 comments:

momma said...

LMAO!!! I've always wondered if those poor deer statues get shot at.

Bravie said...

He should set it up so that if the buck gets shot, it spits at them or something.

Puffy said...

I hope nobody wore a deer costume for Halloween.

MM said...

How funny! Poor Buck!

You should take a picture of it. :)

kim (weltek) said...

Heh, that's cute.

I got new boots. I let Chris pick them out on Sportsmans Guide. Very lightweight so I can slip them on and walk around campus.

Seana said...

Migawd. When you get a hunting license, you should have to pass a test where you identify things which are real live deer and things which are not.

An elderly lady not far from here had to pick a bullet out of her wall the other day after it had sailed through her front window and through her comfy chair. Good thing she was in the kitchen at the time.

lights said...

At this time of year, I wear a blaze orange vest just to walk to the mailbox. *grin*

I woke up to the sound of a rifle shot across the highway this morning.

One guy at work got charged for hunting out of season when he shot a fake deer that the game warden used as a decoy to catch poachers.

We've had a little snow but it's mostly gone again. Yay!

Anonymous said...

Very cute.

There is a part of me wishing for a big snow this year so that Conner can have a full experience of it. But there's another part that kind of likes the fact that we really haven't had much of a snow here in years.