Monday, August 30, 2010

Typing Braless

Because my favorite bra is in the wash and I am just going to keep washing & re-wearing it until it wears out. I'm irrational that way. However, as I sit here it is kind of depressing how the girls are slowly inching closer to touching the desktop.

Mr Swami and I found a nice new (to us) restaurant last week that features Himilayan food. I was very happy that they served goat. I love goat meat! They also had yak, which I have never tried. It's good too - kind of like a delicate beef. The yak dumpling appetizer was very spicy & good. The yak keema was not spicy at all - but really well prepared!

Mr Swami was off all last week and we just puttered around the house doing little fix-it projects, and eating out every day. In the normal course of things, Mr Swami hates to eat out - but during his at-home vacations he will happily eat out every day. I'm thinking this will make for a nice retirement philosophy one day!

I think my hummingbirds are drunk. Their sugar water may have fermented in the heat and I haven't changed it for a few days. Drunk hummingbirds do some very interesting loop-dee-loop flying routines. They also spend more time right up against the window (well, one inch from the glass) hovering and looking in at me. Maybe they are saying "change my freaking beverage bowl!" Who knows?

Today is supposed to be 94'. I am so ready for Fall!!!!

10 comments:

Bravie said...

It really is not fair how our girls get longer and longer the older we get. Soon I am going to need a skooter to get mine around if I am without my bra.

Puffy said...

94 degrees? We dropped from 109 to 79 in about 2 days. It's beautiful now. Yes, I do believe you have drunk hummingbirds. I have various bras that are supposed to do various things, but I can't remember their purposes, besides holding me up.

kim (weltek) said...

LOL-you always make me laugh, Swampster.

I have never eaten Himalayan food. I'm sure we probably have a restaurant in Madison, so I'll have to find one and put it on my list. I've had goat, but never yak! You are adventurous.

Tummy said...

Old Himalayan proverb - Never eat Yak when you feel you might yak!

Ok - I made that up. Bet you didn't guess that.

I'm wearing sports bras all the time anymore - my gallbladder is acting up and a regular bra puts too much pressure on it. I really, really don't want to have it removed!

kim (weltek) said...

OMG, Tummy! Have it removed! Best.decision.ever. It was less than a week recovery for me, and I hear that's pretty common.

Anonymous said...

1. I share your bra issue. Luckily I don't share your oobie issue quite yet. :)

2. *blank stare*

3. Yay for Mr. Swami!

4. Maybe they're waiting for you to join the party.

5. That's my kind of weather. It's going to be 82 here on Sunday. Eighty-fricking-two! I will freeze at the pool.

There is only one thing I'm looking forward to this fall, and it ain't the weather.

Swami said...

Have your gall bladder out, Tummy, before IT decides the time is right! I had mine out in the late 80s after just one sudden & horrible attack pollaxed me. Now all I have are 3 little laparascopic scars that I have search for to find. Actually, it's probably two now - I have lost track of the smallest one entirely.

Swami said...

Boo, I will plan on good weather for your fall event!

yvonne said...

The only good thing about being in the itty-bitty club is you don't have to worry about your knees meeting your oobies. I'd like to see my girls get longer, but that's just not going to happen.

On the other hand, when I go bra less no one knows. Or cares. LOL!

Tummy said...

Hey woman! Get your bra back on and post something for crying out loud!