Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Soon I Will Have My New TV

Because Mr Swami is buying his 3rd new car in 7 years. Seems fair to me. The only question that remains is - how big is too big? I'm happy with something in the 50 - 60" range, lol.

12 comments:

frodis said...

Out TV is 50". It seemed so huge when we first set it up but now it seems average.

What kind of car?

Random information: My car is 11 years old.

frodis said...

Out = Our.

Darn typos.

kim (weltek) said...

Yay for you! 52" is great for us. Depends on your normal viewing distance, I guess.

Swami said...

He is getting a metallic silver Altima with black leather interior and a few bells & whistles. Basically he needs a nice little commuter sedan. I didn't like his Accord because when I put the seat upright (I like to sit straight) then the headrest was very uncomfortable. The Altima is more comfy. Plus the cockpit is great for Mr Swami's long, long legs.

My var is a 2002 Town & Country, which I still love.

Kim, I'm leaning to the large end of the available screen size options. We sit, like, 12-13 feet away.

Swami said...

Var = car.

kim (weltek) said...

That is a pretty big seating distance. I think we are about 10-12 feet away. Yep, you need big. :-)

Tummy said...

Go as big as possible - I've never heard anyone complain they got a tv that was too large but I have heard that they wished they'd bought larger.

We have a tiny cabin - we sit about 6 feet away and just got a 46". It's perfect. In the place it has to go it couldn't get any bigger. :)

Puffy said...

Ours is 52 inches. There's a calculation to see what size you need, depending on the size of your room. This all sounds a little obscene.

yvonne said...

Bigger is better, right?

I hope to upgrade the TV when I get my built-ins in the living room. For now, the TV isn't even a flat screen.

Tummy said...

Puffy - we all know that size does matter - and things can be too big to fit in the place they're meant to go. :D

Breezy said...

Ours is 42, that was the biggest that would fit in our entertainment center. Love it. But it's probably the smallest I would go. How funny is that? Back in the day when we had to get up to change the channels never would have thought I'd one day say 42" was the smallest TV I would buy. LOL

Swami said...

*Snorfuls* at Tummy. (I think that is the appropriate made-up-for-internet word here.

Right now I am looking at a 55" Vizio that has gotten good reviews on Consumer Reports and elsewhere. I guess I must like them REALLY big. :)