That's what I should have yelled at the flower mart earlier this week.
Tom had to go pick up something at the DMV in town and I decided to just wait in the car and look at the pretty flowers for sale. Way more fun than sitting in the DMV clutching my number and watching the number box count up.
While I was sitting & waiting in my car some guy drove up & parked just to the side of the temporary greenhouse, got out, picked up a HUGE bag of Miracle Grow potting soil, put it in his car cool as a cucumber and just drove off. I couldn't believe it! What a blatant move! And no one noticed - even though he walked right by 2 people who worked there.
I got his license number and was all set to go turn him in to the flower mart then I decided not to. See, it might have been a big hassle. I might have had to wait around and talk to cops. I might have had to give statements & sign stuff, when all I wanted to do was enjoy my afternoon with Tom! And it was just an $8.99 bag of dirt, after all. So I did nothing.
Swami <--bad citizen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I'd have wanted to report him, too. Maybe I would have started honking the horn to scare him off.
Maybe he paid for it inside, and just pulled his car around to put it in the trunk? I've done that with ice at the gas station.
Or maybe you let the greatest dirtnapper criminal of this modern age get away with it. Nice going, Swami.
(Wait, I think a dirtnapper is something else. . . )
As Fro says, maybe he did pay for it earlier? Go with that, you'll feel less guilt.
I Googled dirtnapper thinking it might be, you know, dirty. Turns out it's a carpet cleaning system.
LOL. It is dirty, Swami! All that dirt. . .
I was thinking more along the lines of a dead person. A dirt-napper. Taking a dirt nap.
Post a Comment