Monday, March 29, 2010

$700 dollars later

I have a new grill! A Weber Genesis 310.



We pick her up tonight from Ace Hardware where she is being assembled. Our old grill was old & icky & falling apart so it will go out at the end of the road with a "Free. Works." sign on it. Well, the electronic ignition part doesn't work but everything else does.

We wanted a midsized grill with no side burners because I never use those and midsized because we rarely cook for more than 6 - 7 people at a time (usually just for 2) and I don't want to take up too much deck space in the space I want a grill to be. The copper color is much richer in person. I'm happy!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for you! I can't see your picture. Not sure why.

We have a monster grill. It's so big it barely fits in the deck bump-out we built for the previous grill.

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Holy Stinking Cow! (or BBQ'd cow, that'll be later...loL!)

We need a new grill too, but I don't know that I could pay that much for one.. actually I KNOW that I couldn't... we'll keep looking!

kim (weltek) said...

Oooh, the color is beautiful. We have a Weber Genesis and love it. Haven't had one single problem in six years. I think ours might have been the series smaller (as ours was closer to $500), or maybe it's that yours is beautiful and ours is not.

Congratulations and happy grilling! What will be the first thing you grill?

Swami said...

Kim - Most likely I will grill steaks. Now that I have new grill I will have to start grocery shopping again!

Amy - we got tired of buying a new, cheap grill every 3 years or so.

Boo - so you have one of those $2700 TV-makeover-show-ready extravaganza grills? Cool. Altho if I had a grill like that I would feel obligated to use it 2x per day.

Breezy said...

Ooooh very pretty!

yvonne said...

It's gorgeous! Congrats and happy grilling!

kim (weltek) said...

Boo's grill is huge, but it looks nice on her deck...next to the hot tub (that's me being jealous). Hey, why didn't I get to use the hot tub when I was there?!

Puffy said...

Yay! We got a new gril this year, too. We gave our old one away on www.freecycle.com