1. Weather: Friday was rain & dreary. Saturday - dull & snoggy (low fog off melting snow.) Sunday - beautiful! Sunny sunshine!! Sixty plus degrees!!! Snow all gone!!!!
2. This is the last weekend of my annual empty out the frige & cupboards event wherein I use up pretty much everything I have on hand. Soon, a major shopping stock-up trip will be needed - probably on Tuesday. The handful of canned things I haven't used up by then get dated in magic marker and moved to a single shelf so I use them up first.
3. At least my frige & cupboards are pretty much empty and will be easy to spring clean.
4. Sunday my son and I saw Alice in Wonderland 3D. (We see a movie together every other Sunday.) The movie was okay but had too much Alice and not enough Johnny Depp. The movie never really took off for me. The storyline just could not transcend the special effects. Every time it tried, it fell down a hole. Plus Alice was a real downer.
5. Evidently the FDA has had 16 tainted spice recalls since 2001. This is news to me! I never heard of any of them until today. Now they want to irradiate, steam heat or fumigate all spices. This does not sound tasty. The main spices that are contaminated are black, red and white pepper, paprika & basil, and salmonella is the main contaminant. I can see the peppers because people commonly use them as an uncooked additive. But basil?
6. Mr. Swami is going to take a couple of days off later this week. I need to pick out a show we can go see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
1. Rained here all weekend, including today. I'm sick of it! I need sun and warmth.
2. I need to do this! I will do this. Thanks for the idea.
3. Can you come help me spring clean? I'll feed you.
4. No desire to see Alice in Wonderland.
5. Had no clue about this either.
6. Sounds like fun!
Yvonne, I can always last about a week longer than seems possible. I have too much stuff on hand most of the time.
I thought I would have to shop last week on Monday. Now I think Thursday this week is a good restock day.
What will you feed me when we spring clean?
1. The weather here has been awesome. So much so that my parents don't want to leave for Florida. I would gladly take their place. *sigh*
2. My fridge is pretty much in a constant state of empty. It's difficult adjusting to grocery shopping for one.
3. Spring cleaning? Seeing as I just moved here in September I think I'll just pass on it this year. LOL!
4. My boss was telling me how great she thought Alice in Wonderland was today. Said it was a must see.
5. I had no idea spices go bad. Spice girls yes, spices no.
6. What? No jacuzzi time?
I ditto Augie-I also need to do your "empty the cupboards" event.
I also ditto her lack of desire to see "Alice." I'm not a huge Johnny Depp fan, nor a Tim Burton fan, nor frankly, an Alice in Wonderland fan.
I had no idea about the spice contamination. Huh.
If I were you, I'd be making Mr. Swami a honey-do list.
Oh, and I had the day off yesterday with an agenda to clean. DH came home last night and said, "Wow, you got a lot done today. Every time I turn around I see something new you cleaned. I never get this much done when I stay home."
No shit. That's why I have so much to do on MY days off.
Bee-u-tiful weather here. I love it. I write dates on my canned goods, too. Although, these days, they usually have an expiration date on the bottom.
I emptied and cleaned out my cupboards a few months ago when my kitchen was re-done. I also used things up right before a vacation so I'm good to go.
1. I think this is the first day I've seen the sun in a week. Yesterday Conner had his first baseball practice of the season on a very wet field. My boots did not like it.
2. Color me super impressed!
3. Ooooh, I love such talk.
4. I am glad you posted this. I don't think I had any desire to see it. Now I know I don't.
5. Wow, I actually have all of those spices in my cabinet.
6. Enjoy!
Swami...I'll feed you old canned food stuff if you come over, but I promise not to feed anything currently in the fridge. Not sure how long stuff has been in the fridge.
Post a Comment