I have been driving my D from dentist to dentist to oral surgeon and back again. This does not leave me any time for blogging or even life. She was real sick but she's better now. Driving sure takes up a lot of time!
D missed being hospitalized for a compromised airway by thismuch. Boy - did she swell up! I guess she had been in discomfort and then pain all weekend & monday too before finally doing something, like call mom, because she has no health insurance.
She has an abcess in tooth 29 (lower right, the tooth after the canine tooth.) The oral surgeon had to make 2 surgical drains (one with a stiched-in straw) to give her some relief & reduce the pressure. Gave her IV antibiotics too. Tooth 30 got caught up in all the infection stuff but hopefully it will recover and not need to be root canaled like 29.
Forgot to say we have a possible Christmas miracle here.
D thought her new health insurance did not kick in until Jan 1, 2010, but she has talked to work HR a couple of times today and they say that it should have started on Dec 1--the very day she went in! I sure hope an insurance claim goes through! That will save mom & dad a whole big bunch of money.
D did tell me that "all I want for Christmas is my two bottom teeth."
So sorry Swami. I can relate to that whole tooth thing because I had to have a root canal two years ago, and it sent pain through my entire bottom row of teeth. Ouchie!!!
Hope she feels better and the insurance does kick in.
6 comments:
Get a laptop or blackberry and blog on them. I hope her teeth are fixed up and she'll have no more teeth problems.
*sticks thumb out*
Look at it this way. Your gas-pedal leg is getting a good workout.
What's been wrong with the kiddo? Tooth problems suck.
D missed being hospitalized for a compromised airway by thismuch. Boy - did she swell up! I guess she had been in discomfort and then pain all weekend & monday too before finally doing something, like call mom, because she has no health insurance.
She has an abcess in tooth 29 (lower right, the tooth after the canine tooth.) The oral surgeon had to make 2 surgical drains (one with a stiched-in straw) to give her some relief & reduce the pressure. Gave her IV antibiotics too. Tooth 30 got caught up in all the infection stuff but hopefully it will recover and not need to be root canaled like 29.
They will not do the root canal until monday.
Forgot to say we have a possible Christmas miracle here.
D thought her new health insurance did not kick in until Jan 1, 2010, but she has talked to work HR a couple of times today and they say that it should have started on Dec 1--the very day she went in! I sure hope an insurance claim goes through! That will save mom & dad a whole big bunch of money.
D did tell me that "all I want for Christmas is my two bottom teeth."
I told her that's all she's getting too.
So sorry Swami. I can relate to that whole tooth thing because I had to have a root canal two years ago, and it sent pain through my entire bottom row of teeth. Ouchie!!!
Hope she feels better and the insurance does kick in.
Post a Comment