Thursday, December 17, 2009

Things I Don't Like

About Christmas.

1. That stupid song about the red shoes for the dying mama. I just hate that one.

2. Ferrero Rochet chocolates.

3. Peanut brittle.

4. Mr Swami going to afterwork Christmas parties that don't include me and then missing Survivor. (Well, I have it on DVR but it's the principle of the thing.)

Only 4 things. See how tolerant I have become? Also, did anyone ever finally decide what this decade is called? The aughties?

My family arrives on Saturday afternoon. *hops* Boy do I have a lot of wrapping to do before then! Evidently, I went online crazy for the grandson. Packages keep arriving for him and I'm all like, "I ordered this? Really?" Lol...

6 comments:

kim (weltek) said...

I've always liked the suggestion of the "oh ohs." :-) "The new millenium" seems to be popular. I've never liked "the 2000s" because that seems to imply everything between 2000 and 3000.

I kind of enjoyed wrapping this year. I don't know why.

I like those chocolates well enough. Peanut brittle and the red shoes song? I agree with your dislike completely.

Anonymous said...

I literally laughed out loud at your number 1. In fact, I'm still laughing.

I know nothing about these chocolates, and I haven't bought peanut brittle in - actually I've never bought it.

Are you talking about the season of Survivor ending? Or missing it to do something else. I think this year is the first year I had to watch it all on DVR.

frodis said...

1. Agree. That song is awful.

2. I like the Ferrero Rochet chocolates. The ones with the hazelnut in the middle, right? I happened to mention to my mom once upon a time that I like them and now she gets them for me ALL.THE.TIME. I'm not complaining, because I do really like them, but I actually don't eat chocolates much so they hang around a while. I usually end up finishing off the box while cleaning out the cabinets.

3. I like peanut brittle.

4. I have only gone to two of Mr. Fro's work parties. One was an official Christmas Party for the lab back before we were married and the other was a summer party that his boss had that wasn't really an official work party, she just invited us and a couple of his other coworkers.

I like the "oh-ohs" for the decade, too. Sums it up, perfectly.

My mom called from Target yesterday to find out the name of a doll that Lauren got when she visited Santa a couple of weeks ago, because she wanted to buy some of the doll accessories for it. Then while we were on the phone I swear she proceeded to put about 50 things into the cart for the kids. I told her that she is welcome to be the grandparent that goes overboard at Christmas if she wants to, but that if she decided to save any of the items for their April birthdays that would be okay, too.

I LOVE wrapping presents. Love it. I think it's my favorite thing to do at Christmastime.

Swami said...

Boo, Survivor is one of the few shows I prefer to watch live, and Mr Swami did not get back home until almost 10 pm, long after the ep had aired.

I love wrapping presents too! Every year I simplify the process a little - but I have to have a few over-the-top wrapped presents.

yvonne said...

That song is bad, and it should be banned forever.

There are new Ferroro delights that featured dark chocolate. To die for! For the record, I don't like the hazelnut ones.

Peanut brittle is a Christmas candy? Not in my neck of the woods. I think.

The aughties? I think we should go with the Augies. *grin*

Puffy said...

I don't know the song about the red shoes for the dying mama. I don't like Ferrero Rochet chocolates or peanut brittle either.

Merry Christmas!