1. Black Friday.
Mr Swami started black friday off with a bang. I heard him say the S word then run two quick laps behind the computer desk. Turns out? He fell asleep at the mouse and dumped coffee on the keyboard. He drained the keyboard & set it to dry over a floor vent once he had calmed himself. Then he remembered that we had given away our newer spare keyboard and the 'puter did not want to recognize the antique one we found in the basement. Luckily once it dried out it worked okay.
We ended black friday by going to see A Christmas Carol - presented in the original Klingon, not Charles Dickens' inferior English adaptation. Actually, A Klingon Christmas Carol (at Mixed Blood Theater in Minneapolis) was so much fun! It told the basic story of bad Scrooge, 3 visiting ghosts and redemption from the point of view of the Klingon warrior culture. All the actors spoke only Klingon, with English subtitles projected above the stage, like they sometimes do for opera. And there was a Vulcan narrator on stage now and then who narrated a bit in English. I think Mr Swami & I have found a new Holiday Tradition!
2. Cyber Monday.
Not as many free shipping offers this year as opposed to previous years. I ordered from a couple of places but was remarkably restrained. Hooray for me!
3. Nose Sweat.
I have been watching too much Food Network lately and it has started to drive me crazy how often the chefs they show in cooking shows are dripping sweat from the tip of their nose! Kitchens are hot places so this must be just a fact of chef life. Anyway - when they have a close-up of a chef and a drop of sweat drops from his (usually his, haven't seen a her yet) nose while he is looking down - I do not need another close-up to know that the sweat has fallen into whatever he is cooking/plating at the time. Now I wonder how much nose sweat I have consumed in my lifetime. I mean, really wonder. Maybe even freak out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I want to stand up and applaud everytime I see a tv chef using a forehead bandana. I, too, fear I have eaten others sweat a little too much for my liking.
I spilled on a work keyboard once and it never worked the same. I was sneaky and swapped it with one from a computer I knew was very rarely used. *innocent whistle*
I need to go blog about our weekend purchase.
Thanks Swami. Just another thing to skeeve me out.
I will never get over thinking that Gatorade is bottled back sweat, and you bring this up?
I am so glad I do't watch these cooking shows.
Honestly, I may never eat again.
I'm a little nauseated now. Thanks Swams!
I have noticed the sweat thing, and I have, to this point, been successful in NOT thinking about it. I think you've ruined it by talking about it.
I spilled cinnamon hazlenut creamer into my work laptop a while back. I think I blogged about it. The D key and the spacebar are still a little sluggish and when the laptop gets warm there is still a faint waft of cinnamon hazlenut.
I don't want Mr. Fro to know about the Klingon Christmas Carol.
I haven't shopped yet. I am not feeling like it, yet.
I'm wondering about falling asleep at the keyboard.
Post a Comment