Tuesday, September 01, 2009

I Am Not Ready For September!

Where did my summer go?

I have not yet eaten enough bi-color sweet corn.
I have not grilled any kebabs at all!
I have so many undone summer projects!
Like painting the deck railings & fixing my twig deer.

This summer my favorite new food has been grilled squash. Grilled yellow squash is totally delicious and I did not know that until this year.

My favorite event was the visit of my daughter & grandson.

My favorite event that didn't happen was the trip Mr Swami and I did not make to Mt Rushmore. He just wouldn't commit.

My favorite new activity remains playing Bridge.

5 comments:

maroonclown said...

The weather this summer has been craptastic.

I decided yesterday to just write off the whole damn thing and look forward to a nice Fall.

Swami said...

Don't get me wrong - I love fall. It's just that summer is that much farther from winter and I am not looking forward to winter this year!

Puffy said...

I'll join you at Mt Rushmore next year. Wouldn't that be fun? I'd like to visit some of the National Parks and go toUtah, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, and South Dakota.

It was too hot most of the summer to BBQ. I want a few more BBQ meals. We BBQ squash, including zucchini, and also like to BBQ yellow, red, orange, and green peppers.

kim (weltek) said...

Quit making it sound so final! Sheesh!

The corn is pretty much on the end of being good here. We'll have some with ribs this weekend, then I'm probably done with sweet corn.

I did not:
Finish my rock edging
Finish the back flower bed
Rearrange my retaining wall bed
Build a landing off the back garage door
Wash all windows on the outside
Paint the entry doors
Clean my closets
Get to Stillwater or Galena

My favorite events were the 3 Day, even though my feet are still ugly from it, and vacationing in KC.

Breezy said...

No summer and the farmer's almanac says snow and bitter cold for us Swami.

Someone must pay for this. Who should we blame?