I don't blog much anymore, do I? I can't believe it's been a week!
Although I may have more time now. I think Facebook offed me. I can't log in and when I look for myself in other people's friends list I am not there. Was it something I said? Like - "I don't like Facebook"? I guess BBF (Big Brother Facebook) is always watching.
I am starting to get disenchanted with my Bridge playing group. I may just drop out next month if stuff doesn't improve. Unless some bloggy person wants to fly in once a week and be my partner?
YOu know how when you drive past a store through their parking lot there are often people waiting to cross over to the parking area? Usually I stop my car and wave them across. It seems polite, and I like when people do that for me. Well, the last 2 times I stopped the people I politely waved across just stepped off the curb and took off in front of me at a weird tangent! So I had to wait while they walked directly in front of me until they reached their parking row! What idiots! I am not inviting you to walk down the middle of the road - just to cross the road!
My DD is moving this weekend so I traded vehicles with her for a few days. My spacious minivan for her Nissan sedan. The minivan is a real workhorse at hauling stuff - it's amazing what big things will just slide right inside! Anyway - her car is a trashcan. The back seat and floor are littered with random papers, objects and fast food wrappers. The floor in front is less littered, but still - I was embarrassed to drive it.
Mr Swami works late again today. This is the great downside of having full- and part- time jobs. I can't wait for him to retire! (Which will be a few years.)
My camera died and took all the pics I took when DD was here to the grave with it. Stoopid camera!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I'll brush up on bridge during our next cruise. There's always bridge lessons, it seems.
I'd tell you if you were still on my Facebook friend list, but I rarely log in.
Chris and I have been arguing about the whole car cleaning thing. He thinks we need to pay for a $20 car wash more often where they vacuum your interior. I say we are more than capable of doing it ourselves. In the past this has translated to ME doing it MYSELF. Drives me nuts he refuses to do it. I've kind of resigned myself to the expense now because I refuse to be the only one that cleans the car at home.
I've never played bridge, but when I was a kid my family played rousing games of canasta and pinochle. We were also big on Yahtzee, Scrabble, Clue and Don't Get Mad at Me (which was the english translation of a German board game we got when we lived in Germany).
Do families play board games anymore? Or is it all electronic?
If I ever win the lottery, I'm there.
You are still my Facebook friend.
My car is always a mess. Surprised? That's what a child will do for you. I like to go to Car Pool and have them do it all. I'm due for one of those trips.
Augie: We sill play board games. Sorry is the big one these days.
Kim I used to get my car detailed once a year for an exorbitant $250 (or something) - but they cleaned & polished every single inch to perfection! When car reached ripe old age of 5 tys I decided I could no longer splurge on it like that, so now it just gets the occasional hand job from me.
Yvonne, my grandson loves to play Scrabble and Upwords. We also play Spongebob Life, which is like regular Life, only Spongebobbier. He also likes to play with regular cards - Robber Casino being a favorite game.
Boo, I have heard that some house neatniks have messy cars & vice versa. Good to know some stereotypes have a reality basis.
It took me a minute to figure out that Car Pool was a clever marketing name. At first I thought that somehow the people in your personal car pool cleaned each other's cars!
I'll play board games anytime, anywhere. Most of my friends don't like games.
Mr. Puffy likes a clean car, inside and out.
Have you tried taking your camera to a camera store? I dropped mine on the tile floor. The plastic latch holding in the battery broke off. Luckily, the "official Nikon repair shop" is located a couple of miles from Mr. Puffy's job.
I love board games but we don;t have enough friends to make it worthwhile. We're just unsocial that way.
But any of the types of games that involve 2 teams is always great fun. Boggle, etc.
Kim, my new philosophy is - if I can pay someone to do it, its worth the money. I detailed my car this summer and it took me the better part of a day.
Post a Comment