Now that I am swimming a lot I am often entertained by how differently people handle the locker room. My pool's locker room has 3 small curtained "privacy" booths which some people use every single time. They shut that curtaqin and check the edges to be sure the curtain is SHUT. Most people just stand or sit by the benches and calmly go about the changing thing. A very few spend a prolonged time naked, like while they stand at the hairdryer & dry their clothes.
I belong to the middle group. I do my changing discretely but without hiding. I have never gone into one of the curtained booths.
Some people look when they think they are not observed. Some never look and some just do the casual glance thing. I do the latter. Pretty much everyone looks at the few who walk around naked a lot - which I guess is just the way they want it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
In locker rooms I usually just try to be discrete, but don't hide. However, if there were booths and they were empty, I might go in there for some privacy.
I'm not a fan of the peeps that do their hair naked and such. This is NOT your private bathroom.
No one needs to see me naked. Except for George Clooney.
I don't care to see anyone else naked. Except for George Clooney.
Agree with Kim about doing anything in the locker room naked.
And LOL at Augie. Oh my.
Our locker room is not huge, but it is a good size. I never choose the lockers that are located close to the door if I'm going to be naked at all simply because there is too much traffic. There are 3 curtained areas, and people use them like you say, which is kind of funny.
I change quickly and try really to just focus on myself. There are times when you can't help but see somewhat simply because of where you are/where they are.
When I shower there, I usually dry myself off with the curtain open because I like to dry my feet off last, and one by one as I exit the shower. Some people dry off in the shower stall with the curtain shut. I am hoping when we rebuild our gym, they will do the showers like the ones at the other new gyms, where there is a separate changing area outside of each stall.
There are two times when I've been completely uncomfortable in changing:
1. Last year I went to the gym and swam. I came in, showered and went back to my locker in only my towel. No sooner did I drop my towel that one of my clients walked right in. I'm like, "Hi Kate," and quickly tried to pull the towel up. I'm sure she went back home and told her husband how nice my oobies were. *grin*
2. One of the moms from Conner's school happened to walk in when I was naked. That was fun.
Sometimes if I catch something, I'll think, "Good, I'm not the only one who has this or that (like when it's time for a trim or something down there), or I'll think, "Man, my aras looks way smaller than hers."
One more thing. Cell phone use has been banned in our locker rooms.
Oh, and Michael and my trainer have both told me that things are very different in the men's locker room. Apparently, many of them have no problem socializing while completely uncovered.
Men are very funny about nudity. My husband and his friends in the military were a little too comfortable with it. It really is just like the locker room joksters you see in the movies.
While I would love to see George Clooney naked, I would rather be clothes when meeting him! What was that movie where he showed his ass? I think it was a SciFi flick.
Boo, when I see someone I know from "outside" in the pool I really try to time my exit so I don't have to get all naked in front of them. If I met them at the pool this is not an issue. Strange how that works.
Yes, cell phones are a no-no ever since they became cameras. Tg!
I think I remember Mr Swami saying that you can't seem shy in the locker room. It's unmasculine or something.
My gym sounds about the same as yours. Some go into the private room just to change their shorts and shirts, not even into a bathing suit. I just change at the locker. Do my business, mind my business and go about my business.
Post a Comment