Tuesday, February 10, 2009

We Have Dirt

Oh, lots of dirt. You know, showing through gaps in the melting snow. At long last our January thaw has arrived. We could still get 2 feet of snow in March but it's okay because the January thaw lets us remember what warmth is!

I have been majorly absent from my blog. I have two excuses. (1) All the cool kids are doing it - I mean not doing it, and (2) having a 'life' really interferes with your life, lol. Plus Mr Swami and I have started our weeklong Valentines Day / Wedding Anniversary celebration. Twenty-eight years - can you believe it? And he's still hott.

Swimming is going great. Bridge is quite cool although I don't have any Masters points yet. But soon. Very soon.

Tonight is chicken marinated in Italian dressing because I am unimaginative today and that's really easy. Tossed salad. Spinach fettucine with carrots & baby green peas in a quick Alfredo sauce. We bought a nine-inch diameter carrot cake at our local Kowalski's on saturday. Tonight we eat the last 2 slices. Mmmmmmmmmmm - I love carrot cake!

2 comments:

Puffy said...

One of my few reliables in life is coming to your blog to see a new post.

I forgot about chicken marinated in Italian dressing. I used to do that with chicken and steak. I'll try it later this week.

Happy Anniversary!

Swami said...

Just call me Old Faithful!

The chicken stays super moist marinated with dressing, doesn't it? I wound up making a bruschetta instead of a tossed salad because the only lettuce I had was iceberg, and dinner needed a romaine.