Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Random Update #22


1. These are my Valentines Day flowers. I didn't think to take the photo until a few days after I got them. The lilies kind of took it over, but bouquet was 6 roses and 3 lily stems - 2 lilies per stem.

2. We had Chinese for Vday supper, from LeeAnn Chin. Mr. Swami really prefers to eat at home so we he brought home take-out.

3. I love my pool time! Only at the end of the first week I thought I was getting chlorine poisoning or something. I showered & showered after swimming but still smelled like a chemical factory. Then I started tasting it and felt funny in my tummy - but that went away. I think it was an hysterical pool allergy.

4. Three of the 4 public toilets I used last week had those ginormous roll holders that are mounted low to the ground and so enclosed that you can't reach the stupid paper if it is breaken off up inside the thing. Which it always does. Tg I always have kleenex in my purse!

5. Tom is working late tonight - so couscous for supper!

6. I have decided to give at least 1/2 of everything in my closet and armoire to Goodwill. While digging around in the back of the armoire I found a couple of cool shirts that I forgot I even had. I had so much stuff crammed in that I never really did reach the back of the bottom in there. I should post a pic of my 1890s armoire sometime. It's really lovely!

7. Yesterday Mr Swami brought home a little chocolate dessert cake which was so moist and perfect that it proves there really is a god.

8. We have to pay for more of my December hospital adventure bill than I thought so I will not be getting a new sofa this spring. I miss Medica. They were better than Blue Cross Blue Shield.

9. If I am sick of Gordon Ramsey then why am I watching Ramsey's F Word on BBC?

10. I am not a natural at Bridge - but I am getting there. On Thursday the "girls" at my table are going to bring a sandwich, stay after the class and just play for a while. Even Anita The Cheat-ah, as I now think of her.

11. I don't dress like the rest of the Bridge ladies. They wear pastel-colored sweaters and fuzzy sweatshirts with cute little critters and sayings on them. I wear black and tie-dye and long-sleeved teeshirts with horses on them. I don't think I'll change my style.

12. My morning paper told me that shoulder pads are coming back. I had a nice laugh & flashback. Nothing says "fashion victim" like a set of over-sized shoulder pads. You people who were not wearing power suits in the early 80s have so much to look forward to.

13. Thirteen is a Baker's Dozen. My new favorite bakery has a Bakers Dozen Club. For every 12 cups of coffee or 12 loaves of bread that you buy, you get the thirteenth one free.

6 comments:

Zombs said...

3. Oooh I actually love the chlorine smell. I feel really clean when I smell like that. Like I was bleached. Probably not a good thing!

2. How Long is a Chinaman.

6. This is very wise. I should do the same thing as I have clothes exploding out of my draweres!

11. This why we love you!

1. Awww those are so pretty! I love the smell of lilies!

12. I shdudder at this. I hated those back then. Well I was not wearing power suits but was wearing sweaters(which had them) and all button down shirts did also. They never were the same after you washed them.

Seana said...

I took the kids swimming for our new stupid holiday "Family Day" (2nd Monday in February). My husband still has to work, so what's the damn point. Anyway, I don't like smelling lik chlorine either.

Chinese for Valentine's was a good choice.

I would like some moist cake.

Puffy said...

Pretty flowers. Mine died in 2 days.

I'll bite, Zombs...how long is a Chinaman? OK, after re-reading it, I "get" the joke. HOW LONG is his name. Sue Me is my name.

Does your hair turn green after too many days in the pool?

I hate those huge TP rolls where you can never find the end of the paper. If the TP is hanging down, I rip off the end and don't use, of course.

I also saw that shoulder pads are returning. I do not like looking like a football player.

Lucky for you that the Cheat-ah's name rhymes with cheat-ah.

Bravie said...

h gawd no, not the shoulder pads? Next will be the mullet or big hair.

Swami said...

*gives Seana cake*

My hair does not turn green. Did that ever really happen to people?

Anita the Cheat-ah - it's like a gift, isn't it? Diane seems to be my usual partner.

I like big hair. I loved the big hair years and yearn for their return.

Puffy said...

Hair can turn green from chlorine. It happens to white-blond hair, the color of hair that little blond girls have, very white. On one hand, I know about swimming pools and on the other hand, you know about snow plows.