Not Randoms; I'm more in the mood for a quickie.
1. Tuesday the outside temperture was -20'F. Our two indoor thermostats (on the lower level) are set at 68'F and 64'F. So the temp in my bedroom that evening was 77'F. !!!!! Heat rises, and a super-duper, hyper-insulated attic keeps the heat in. So we have to sleep with 2 windows cracked open about 2" all winter.
2. I am awash in dreams! Every night I have these huge, big, blockbuster dreams with everybody I know in them. We do everything we have ever done - all new but with deja vu. It's very wierd and I don't understand it. I get up to pee and it's all like Whoa - where the heck am I? disorientation.
3. Fish tacos. Ick. *shiver* ~gag~
4. Yesterday I went to the grocery store and turned in all my Holiday Dollars (in November & December my store gave back 4% of whatever you spent in the form of dollars-off store vouchers. The store also had a bunch of meat BOGO coupons in the newspaper. Anyway - I wound up saving $53 off my final bill. Considering that most of the time I don't even use coupons at all this is quite amazing to me.
5. I am still undecorating for Christmas. I just realized that I totally forgot about the kitchen, where I always swag a string of lights around the kitchen bay window, add a couple of golden bows at the corners and a little sparkly angel surrounded by golden harps and horns in the middle. I like gold and sparklies, lol.
Only five things instead of ten because these are quickies! No time for more!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
I'm in the mood for a quickie too!
1. we need to hyper-insulate our attic, I think.
2. I had a superstrange dream last night. Hunters were hunting prostitutes and I walked to New Jersey in my robe and slippers.
3. I've had fish tacos once and liked them.
4. saving $53 on groceries is awesome!
5. I haven't undecorated yet.
*smooch*
So your kitchen is much like your blog. :-)
I like fish tacos, but hate the accompanying cabbage. Raw cabbage overpowers the rest of the yumminess. I however do not like fish tacos that taste like cat food.
Kim, I can't get rid of that star for the life of me! I can edit everything else about my blog. I can move the star around, but when I try to delete it it just won't. I think Blogger has some kind of permanent error just in my blog. If anybody wants to remove it for me - let me know. I hate that darn thing!
Unless Blogger is trying to tell me I'm a real star!
I always get a chuckle when I visit Swami's blog. This one came instantly with the word "Quickies" :D
3. You watched Top Chef last night too?
Happy new year!
Yes, I watched Top Chef - but I already knew fish tacos were evil. Now that Kim has said they may be made with cat food - I know why they taste so gross!
*gag*
*gag*
I'll type quickly.
Does the snow settle on the window sill?
I don't have "good" dreams anymore. Just bad dreams. Sometimes I can't remember if they're real or not. Thank goodness for getting up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom.
Fish tacos. Ick. *shiver* ~gag~
I use coupons All The Time.
Really Puffy? Only bad dreams? Because you had a lot of fun driving out on the isthmus with my gang. (I have a private isthmus that goes out to this huge, long, rambling ice cream / general store. I drive out there a lot on the one way road.)
Well, I'm up in the middle of the night now. I think I'd like driving on your isthmus. However, in my version of the dream, I'd probably be driving, but unable to see and I'd keep trying to see the road, but it would be blurry.
I love fish tacos - Rob is making me fish tacos tomorrow!
Wow on the 53.00 savings. I watched a program on the news lastnight about a woman that runs the coupon game website. She had something like 390.00 worth of groceries in her cart and paid like 72.00 for them! I'm going to try to be better at coupon clipping!
My house has been undecorated for 10 days now. *gloats and grins
*smooch
Post a Comment