Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I Drink Too Much

Yesterday I went to the grocery store right at the ass-crack of dawn because I wanted to get home and start watching innauguration coverage. I needed pop. In fact I had been without pop for 2 days - a seriously huge withdrawal problem for me, the perpetually pop-addicted. So I barely sipped one cup of coffee (instead of my usual 2 - 3) before I jumped in the car. I know I was thirsty because I bought almost nothing but drinkables.

At the grocery store I bought:
2 kinds of pop
2% milk (mine)
soy milk (Mr Swami's)
half n half (both of us)
dietrite cola, 2 12-packs
diet cherry vanilla Dr. Pepper, 1 12-pack
orange juice
Cranberry juice
regular coffee stuff
decaff coffee stuff
2 cans of enchilada sauce (not a drink, but still a liquid)
... and 2 jars of SmartBalance Omega-3 chunky peanut butter. The peanut butter shelves were particularly well-stocked, lol.

So - anyone want a drink and some peanut butter on crackers? Amazingly, I spent $71 dollars buying all those drinks.

5 comments:

Asrai said...

OMG! I, too, am a drinker! Sadly, I am drinking some knock-off brand sugar free grape kool-aid. Usually it's water, but I need flavor!

I had to get away from the soda and diet drinks are not appealing to me. I've tried and tried over the years and only hit success a few times. We can't keep juices in the house cause midkid and I will suck 'em down, but GF keeps bringing 'em in! At the moment, she's on the Acai craze.

Zombs said...

I'm sorry what is this pop you are talking about?

Swami said...

I have always meant to try Acai. Do youtake the supplement or drink it or what?

Zombs, I'm not sure where the pop v. soda line is - but we must be on opposite sides of it.

Tummy said...

I'm a water drinker and am saving tons of money since I bought my Brita filter.

Somebodies left some Pepsi and Mountain Dew cans at my house from New Years Eve. *sigh I drank them.

See, if they are here I will partake. I have no will power.

Puffy said...

I use the Smart Balance margarine. How's their PB?

My dad was "Pop."